How is the load volume at your Fedex Ground distribution center now compared to a year ago this time ?

bacha29

Many Tarps on order.....move along..nothing to see here...So will ground Del 24/7 this peak???????
Tarps along with as many all the old unused FEMA house trailers then can buy at government auction. As for 24/7 that depends on how many poor unsuspecting slugs they can find willing to go out there 7 days a week until they get caught with an HOS violation at which time Fat Freddy will plead innocence as usual and will run away and hide and blame it all on the contractor despite knowing all that time what was going on .

It will be fine

Tarps along with as many all the old unused FEMA house trailers then can buy at government auction. As for 24/7 that depends on how many poor unsuspecting slugs they can find willing to go out there 7 days a week until they get caught with an HOS violation at which time Fat Freddy will plead innocence as usual and will run away and hide and blame it all on the contractor despite knowing all that time what was going on .
Yes the DOT is cool with HOS violations. SMH

Working4the1%

OMG.....peak is going to be an E P I C Failure beyond comprehension. Lets just write off XMAS now and start a new holiday tradition THE HAPPY NEW YEAR present??? I say That multiplied by 3 ??
1601610469824.png

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
OMG.....peak is going to be an E P I C Failure beyond comprehension. Lets just write off XMAS now and start a new holiday tradition THE HAPPY NEW YEAR present??? I say That multiplied by 3 ??
View attachment 311637
It won’t be pretty.

Sales will oversell as usual fully knowing it’ll be impossible to get even 75% of all the freight delivered let alone on time. Fat Freddy will blame it on everything under the sun, except himself while him and his good ‘ol boys will be taking Christmas Eve off and probably well into the new year.

Not at all hard to predict.

XEQaF

The general public should probably be educated on the fact that if they order online for the holidays they should understand and or accept they won't see their order delivered on time

Does this answer your question ; look how safe it is working in a facility like this. It’s really like working in a sweatshop. They don’t know where to put freight not to mention the high rate of employees quitting, still can’t figure out why the teamsters are not organizing part timers at FedEx Ground . As for Christmas , good luck with that and don’t forget snow days

Attachments

• 2A7410F9-26E6-401A-99D1-F345F96DE489.jpeg
    2A7410F9-26E6-401A-99D1-F345F96DE489.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 174
  • 334B8DC2-D867-4D51-869F-4EDF88C3A4BE.jpeg
    334B8DC2-D867-4D51-869F-4EDF88C3A4BE.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 74FE84B9-6B27-49D2-A590-2DAAEB11A38A.jpeg
    74FE84B9-6B27-49D2-A590-2DAAEB11A38A.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 95FBA4AD-EEC0-41A3-A114-7D9B9BFFAAD4.jpeg
    95FBA4AD-EEC0-41A3-A114-7D9B9BFFAAD4.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 167

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow, that's pretty bad... on each van line in our terminal, we have ground on one side, and HD on the other.

So pallets/floor style stacking for those drivers loading their own cargo, while the ground side looks like that mess you posted up.

Another reason why I favor HD over ground. I come in later to load my own stuff

bacha29

Does this answer your question ; look how safe it is working in a facility like this. It’s really like working in a sweatshop. They don’t know where to put freight not to mention the high rate of employees quitting, still can’t figure out why the teamsters are not organizing part timers at FedEx Ground . As for Christmas , good luck with that and don’t forget snow days
They're in the majority of cases third party rented mules from staffing agencies ( 1-800-RENT A MULE) or if the line's busy (1-800- RENT A GRUNT) .

bacha29

Wow, that's pretty bad... on each van line in our terminal, we have ground on one side, and HD on the other.

So pallets/floor style stacking for those drivers loading their own cargo, while the ground side looks like that mess you posted up.

Another reason why I favor HD over ground. I come in later to load my own stuff
And your contractor will likely be paid per box for you loading the truck but you don't get a cent extra? if that's the case then there's nothing any of use can do to help you. What happens to you happens to you on that job and if it turns out bad.... we tried to tell you.

HD219

Compared to last year it's insane. We have trucks crammed along back walls being loaded. Trucks parked in front of other trucks being loaded. Trucks being loaded outside lolol. I can't wait for peak. Stores are going to getting shut down again due to the pandemic. It's going to be amazing. Every route is going to be like a mail route.

McFeely

Huge Member
Amazon prime day is Tuesday Wednesday expect 6 Billion in sales.. 3rd Party sales coming FedEx way. It’s about to get real

I expect nothing except for more Amazon vans parked on the wrong side of the road with their door open.

I doubt Express will see much of that 3rd party volume.

bacha29

Amazon prime day is Tuesday Wednesday expect 6 Billion in sales.. 3rd Party sales coming FedEx way. It’s about to get real
Today CNBC did a piece on the growing capacity worries all major carriers could be facing . At the same time without a stimulus package getting passed on time with direct cash going out to the public, it might now be as bad as some fear.

bacha29

If there's no stimulus bill passed in time to get cash into the pockets of the average American peak might not be as bad as feared. But, if you are a Ground slave owner oops I mean contractor and if a stimulus package gets passed in time with the big boost in weekly UC payments and you're in that part of the country where it's hunting season finding enough human Towmotor's to keep you from getting buried might just be a bit harder to find.

But don't worry. Fat Freddy will send in his mercenaries to get you caught up. They're like locusts. They come in eat up the easy in town stuff while you get stuck with the money losing RD's then act like they've really done something then just move on.