how long do people wait to turn furnace on in cold states?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Usually have ours on about now, but its been pretty warm around here. Once it goes on, it's set to 70 and stays there til spring. I'm too old to be cold.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have all electric heat and replaced all of the baseboard heaters this past summer. While I am in no big rush to turn them on, I am curious to see if they will work better than the previous ones.

My electric bill was $19 last month.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have all electric heat and replaced all of the baseboard heaters this past summer. While I am in no big rush to turn them on, I am curious to see if they will work better than the previous ones.

interesting

Over 70

Wow my electric bill is pretty consistently 80 bucks in non a.c. months. Many times closer to 100. I do have 2 fridges, deep freezer and dehumidifier in basement that probably suck alot.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Landlord usually turns it on in October sometime unless me or someone else calls and says hey bucko, it's cold.