how long do people wait to turn furnace on in cold states?

rod

Retired 23 years
My electric bill runs anywhere from 80 bucks to 300 depending on the month. The house is heated by elect and we also have an electric hot water heater (80 gallon) and clothes dryer.

KOG72

I’m full of it
My electric bill runs anywhere from 80 bucks to 300 depending on the month. The house is heated by elect and we also have an electric hot water heater (80 gallon) and clothes dryer.
My highest heat bill last year was around 80.00

KOG72

I’m full of it
I never worry about the AC. I turn it on the first hot day and it has always worked.------ 14 years now.

what about your other utilities ---natural gas- propane -water?
Heat is gas I get a monthly bill for that everything else is electric

W

What The Hawk?

We started turning the furnace on 3 weeks ago. We have new wood floors so our house is super cold constantly! It's always on unless my dad sees a high bill then he tells to suck it up and wear a sweater.

rod

Retired 23 years
We started turning the furnace on 3 weeks ago. We have new wood floors so our house is super cold constantly! It's always on unless my dad sees a high bill then he tells to suck it up and wear a sweater.

Wood and tile floors in a cold climate just don't hack it ---unless you have in-floor heat.

W

What The Hawk?

Wood and tile floors in a cold climate just don't hack it ---unless you have in-floor heat.
The reason we have wood floors is because my parents are getting ready to sell and move out of state. My mother wanted wood floors, my dad tried to talk her out of it for this exact reason...but he had to pick his battles so he let her have her way, and she regrets it. LMAO

rod

Retired 23 years
The reason we have wood floors is because my parents are getting ready to sell and move out of state. My mother wanted wood floors, my dad tried to talk her out of it for this exact reason...but he had to pick his battles so he let her have her way, and she regrets it. LMAO

My wife didn't want ceiling fans even though the contractors were set to frame the ceilings in for them. I wanted them but she said no. Now guess who thinks we should put them in -----at 5 times the cost of what it would have cost before. (urge to strangle)

W

What The Hawk?

My wife didn't want ceiling fans even though the contractors were set to frame the ceilings in for them. I wanted them but she said no. Now guess who thinks we should put them in -----at 5 times the cost of what it would have cost before. (urge to strangle)
Oh my goodness! Hahaha

I hope I'm not that kind of wife when I get married. I'm pretty simple though.