How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

F

Frankie's Friend

Does your coworker realize.... there are no contractual production standards ?

-Bug-
For the first thirty days there is...for those who aren't bargaining unit members yet...
and the company tries to hold the employee accountable to their ever changing numbers for the rest of their employment.
20180723_081320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Anyone who compares months of contractual negotiated discussions over terms, benefits, conditions of employment, etc., to buying a car at full sticker has missed the point.
But since members knew zero of any of that, we can only base it on the initial information. I have a high level of respect for you ITG. Do you advocate a yes vote on this?

The Real Jack RyanMI6

OK.... that's a valid point.

The company does try, but they can't discipline them for it.
Ok i get where your coming from however, look at the new 22.4 position if the contract passes with the 22.4 as currently written. Hasn't the company just put in a built in way to punish 22.4s for production. What im getting at is using aug 1 2022 numbers from a off the street hire and a 40 hr week for ease UPS could limit your pay to $620 per week inside wage, or as high as $1391.60 for driving. If UPS has that kind of power do you honestly think they will not use it to punish individuals for production. What are your thoughts im truly interested

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ok i get where your coming from however, look at the new 22.4 position if the contract passes with the 22.4 as currently written. Hasn't the company just put in a built in way to punish 22.4s for production. What im getting at is using aug 1 2022 numbers from a off the street hire and a 40 hr week for ease UPS could limit your pay to $620 per week inside wage, or as high as $1391.60 for driving. If UPS has that kind of power do you honestly think they will not use it to punish individuals for production. What are your thoughts im truly interested

There are no production standards. Never have been.... never will be.

It's like when I see people post things about a "lock-in-ride".

There is no such thing.

It only exists in the minds of people that the company can BS, and why so many drivers

are afraid to sign the 9.5 list.

-Bug-

Doubleparkedrunner

You are right, but something has snapped in me. I kinda want them to have a hand in their own demise. You have to understand that years of this takes a tool. You help countless individuals and they turn around and forget. I am charged with protecting the members, but I am constantly slapped in the face. I ain't Jesus. I am not here to turn the other cheek. Jesus and UPS can kiss my ass. If the majority want to vote no, let them.
The majority want to vote yes ,
BUT , only to a good contract !

The majority just want to start their package car up, go deliver and come home safely without being harassed also. But apparently neither one of these is possible in the world of UPS.

Doubleparkedrunner

I want it to go down. I want each and every member to get what they want. If it hurts the company in the long run I don't care anymore. I want the cards to fall where they may. If we lose volume we will just have to find it somewhere else. If we lose those 3,000 sleeper jobs, who cares. Its not like every local will get them. They will probably only go to the big barns. friend that.

I say vote yes everyone. I want each and every shareholder to get larger and ever growing dividends. if it hurts the worker in the Long run I don't care anymore. I want the cards to fall where they may. if we lose lose good workers to harassment and injury we will just have to find workers somewhere else. if we can add 3,000 sleeper jobs to outside subcontractors , who cares, he'll;
THATS EVEN BETTER ! ( in fact, shhhh, that's our plan )
it's not like hose sleeper jobs would ever be accounted for anyways.

Doubleparkedrunner

Who cares about the supplement. The 22.4 is bad. The part time starting wage is not good. That 4 year air driver progression is a huge concession. Don't forget about what they did to you in 2013 with Teamcare. Make them pay. Vote no
Don't listen to him! your local supplement is all that matters. You just make sure to think about yourself and your needs !
All those other bad Inge in the contract don't matter as long as your supplement satisfies you. Keep looking out for # 1 !

The Real Jack RyanMI6

There are no production standards. Never have been.... never will be.

It's like when I see people post things about a "lock-in-ride".

There is no such thing.

It only exists in the minds of people that the company can BS, and why so many drivers

are afraid to sign the 9.5 list.

-Bug-
I agree with what your saying as far as rpcds go however you didnt address the question as to a 22.4 if the company has thst kind of influence over how much or little a perskn make isnt that a defacto production standard?

Inthegame

But since members knew zero of any of that, we can only base it on the initial information. I have a high level of respect for you ITG. Do you advocate a yes vote on this?
No I don't. But how members vote is a personal choice. I also caution that those who think a no vote will produce only union gains, especially if it's close, may be disappointed.

With the numerous leaks, I think much of what was in the TA was known in some fashion.

I'm very disturbed by the "creep" of FT pkg work transferred to PT's, 22.3's or air drivers, while panels cave in when these PT's are routinely used and some aren't paid top rate. The panel chairs have bought in to UPS's BS line of no other options while the FT under staffing continues. I had hoped for stronger language in this venue.

I think the 22.4 concept was a pitch that missed the plate.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
No I don't. But how members vote is a personal choice. I also caution that those who think a no vote will produce only union gains, especially if it's close, may be disappointed.

With the numerous leaks, I think much of what was in the TA was known in some fashion.

I'm very disturbed by the "creep" of FT pkg work transferred to PT's, 22.3's or air drivers, while panels cave in when these PT's are routinely used and some aren't paid top rate. The panel chairs have bought in to UPS's BS line of no other options while the FT under staffing continues. I had hoped for stronger language in this venue.

I think the 22.4 concept was a pitch that missed the plate.
And this is why you are a respected leader on here.