How many here are ready to strike UPS? I think if this contract is that bad we should Strike UPS.

542thruNthru

I never said we would strike. I just simply said vote no. We have already voted 93% to authorize a strike, so lets roll the dice. If I was the company, I would tell you to go pee off. If you think this contract sucks as bad as you let on then I endorse your no vote. I don't know how much simpler I can make it for you. I hope you get what you are asking for, best of luck.

And this is why you don't run a company. :)

Also no you don't hope we get what we are asking for. It's obvious to everyone you hope we learn a lesson not to disagree with the IBT. Buck up a little guy. We know you're safe. You don't work for UPS.

Tony Q

The only part that I ask for more is with part time catch up raises. Asking for better language around 22.4 drivers is probably my second biggest concern
Do you know how much your health and welfare as a part timer costs per hour?

Tony Q

And this is why you don't run a company. :)

Also no you don't hope we get what we are asking for. It's obvious to everyone you hope we learn a lesson not to disagree with the IBT. Buck up a little big guy. We know you're safe. You don't work for UPS.
Vote No, I would love for you to see a variety of scenarios. You all have so many demands. If you try knew how you sound collectively, you would understand. I sincerely hope this contract valued at almost 15,000,000,000 gets voted down. Have fun explaining that one. It will be real easy for me to explain. I will just say it wasn't enough for our members. They didn't like the offer. Its that easy.

Vote No, I would love for you to see a variety of scenarios. You all have so many demands. If you try knew how you sound collectively, you would understand. I sincerely hope this contract valued at almost 15,000,000,000 gets voted down. Have fun explaining that one. It will be real easy for me to explain. I will just say it wasn't enough for our members. They didn't like the offer. Its that easy.
It's not all about the money.

Days

Do you know how much your health and welfare as a part timer costs per hour?

I don't really care. We're promised GWI raises and progression and then they hire people off the street at similar wages or more with hiring bonuses. It just destroys all incentive and the increasing starting wage was imho a bad idea. Should've just made the wage a flat 15.00 an hour in 2018. The company didn't do that though because they don't want to pay part timers competitive wages. Our center is already at 15 an hour and anyone under 5 years seniority is locked at that number for 3 more years because we don't get raises until 2020 and it'll be 50 cents.

Pay me 15.00 an hour and let me get my promised 4.10 GWI and I won't complain about money.

Not to mention this contract has no skill pay for preload. The moment this thing passes, people will be fleeing that shift for twilight or day sort.

Tony Q

It's not all about the money.
The harassment language doesn't have enough teeth. I think instead of paying up to 24 hours it should be a weeks pay with ten ours over time. The 9.5 language should be triple time after 9.5. They should get rid of the free period and everyone should get their birthday off. I like that the boys in 804 want socks.

Time for change

Sorry Tony, the health and welfare costs a lot for brand new hires and those hired in the 80’s too. So those of us in the middle say no way. For 20 or so years no part time increase in starting wage which is why it’s screwed us, bump for new and recently hired but not us? No way! Take it back to the drawing board low IQ Denis(Tony Q)

Tony Q

I don't really care. We're promised GWI raises and progression and then they hire people off the street at similar wages or more with hiring bonuses. It just destroys all incentive and the increasing starting wage was imho a bad idea. Should've just made the wage a flat 15.00 an hour in 2018. The company didn't do that though because they don't want to pay part timers competitive wages. Our center is already at 15 an hour and anyone under 5 years seniority is locked at that number for 3 more years because we don't get raises until 2020 and it'll be 50 cents.

Pay me 15.00 an hour and let me get my promised 4.10 GWI and I won't complain about money.

Not to mention this contract has no skill pay for preload. The moment this thing passes, people will be fleeing that shift for twilight or day sort.
I think every part timer between 4 years and 35 years should have gotten a 3 dollar catch up raise. These part time wages just don't cut it. I think anyone who wants six hours should get it too. 5 hours straight time and an hour a day overtime, if you want it. Better yet all part timers make a buck less than top rate for RCPD's.

Last edited:
The harassment language doesn't have enough teeth. I think instead of paying up to 24 hours it should be a weeks pay with ten ours over time. The 9.5 language should be triple time after 9.5. They should get rid of the free period and everyone should get their birthday off. I like that the boys in 804 want socks.
Umm.. I was just saying a lot of the language needs cleaned up.

So let's try this. I work for UPS , you work for me. Tell you team to give us our moneys worth.

542thruNthru

Oh I know what we sound like. Whiney teamsters. It's you officials that talk big and tough before the negotiations. Telling us how "The more they make the more we take." How they won't stand for 70 hour work weeks. Always big talk, then when the contract comes out it's "what's your problem. This is the greatest contract ever!"

Sorry man but we get stepped on all the time because of S* contract language. Go to our BAs to try and do something about it and hear. "We'll have to remember to put that in as a propsal next contract."

You can't blame us for seeing the open door and being upset/worried about the company taking advantage of it. But hey the dues will keep coming in so you're safe.

Tony Q

Sorry Tony, the health and welfare costs a lot for brand new hires and those hired in the 80’s too. So those of us in the middle say no way. For 20 or so years no part time increase in starting wage which is why it’s screwed us, bump for new and recently hired but not us? No way! Take it back to the drawing board low IQ Denis(Tony Q)
Gladly.

Days

I think every part timer between 4 years and 35 years should have gotten a 3 dollar catch up raise. These part time wages just don't cut it. I think anyone who wants six hours should get it too. % hours straight time and an hour a day overtime, if you want it. Better yet all part timers make a buck less than top rate for RCPD's.

I'm really not asking for a lot maybe an inch and then you drag it out and make it seem like I'm demanding a yard. 1.00-1.50 catch up raise and I'd be happy.

Tony Q

Umm.. I was just saying a lot of the language needs cleaned up.

So let's try this. I work for UPS , you work for me. Tell you team to give us our moneys worth.
The $65 an hour is not good enough. At the end of the contract the $74 isn't good enough. I get it, vote no, send it back.

Time for change

How does low IQ Denis rationalize saying we are all skilled but not giving us the dollar bump? So now two skilled workers with same seniority date and doing the same job can be paid different. We need educated negotiators so these things don’t happen.

Tony Q

Oh I know what we sound like. Whiney teamsters. It's you officials that talk big and tough before the negotiations. Telling us how "The more they make the more we take." How they won't stand for 70 hour work weeks. Always big talk, then when the contract comes out it's "what's your problem. This is the greatest contract ever!"

Sorry man but we get stepped on all the time because of S* contract language. Go to our BAs to try and do something about it and hear. "We'll have to remember to put that in as a propsal next contract."

You can't blame us for seeing the open door and being upset/worried about the company taking advantage of it. But hey the dues will keep coming in so you're safe.
I understand. Vote this contract down. We will see where it goes from there. Thanks for your input. Wish us luck.

542thruNthru

The $65 an hour is not good enough. At the end of the contract the $74 isn't good enough. I get it, vote no, send it back.

I love how you only exaggerate the good points. It makes me laugh. Especially since absolutely no one has complained about RPCD pay.

Tony Q

I'm really not asking for a lot maybe an inch and then you drag it out and make it seem like I'm demanding a yard. 1.00-1.50 catch up raise and I'd be happy.
All you want is a buck or a buck fifty? I think if thats all you want you should talk to your local union and see what your actual Health, Welfare, and Pension cost. You would be astounded.