How's the view???........

JackStraw

You must be from the south. That is a grit canister. It has a fine gravel (like kitty litter) to give you some traction on ice.
They give us chains here in the Northeast. They're wrapped around the seat post and on occasion we get the "What the hell is the chain for"? I've never had to use them in a gasoline powered vehicle and there's been some pretty decent snowstorms here the last few winters. However, I had a diesel before and those things get stuck in parking lots and the chains come in handy. Most drivers put them on wrong and wind up popping a tire.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
They give us chains here in the Northeast. They're wrapped around the seat post and on occasion we get the "What the hell is the chain for"? I've never had to use them in a gasoline powered vehicle and there's been some pretty decent snowstorms here the last few winters. However, I had a diesel before and those things get stuck in parking lots and the chains come in handy. Most drivers put them on wrong and wind up popping a tire.
We have chains and traction strips as well. Most times, a couple handfuls of grit under the tires and your good to go.

iowa boy

No grit cans, but I loved those traction strips.

Its still funny to see them shoot 15 foot behind the package car when you're pissed after being stuck for 20 minutes and cant get out with the worn down or broke strips that are in the car.

Those emergency chains we now have are a godsend compared to those strips.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is usually a progression when you get stuck. First throw down some grit, and if that doesn't work use traction strips. Chains are last option that might work if nothing else does but take a lot longer.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-18.jpeg

This is my girlfriend Lexi.

Tiny Panda

Belonged to a commercial landlord i deliver to

He owns most of the commercial buildings in my town.

He secured a 10 year lease on his biggest building & replaced it with this