How's the view???........

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, there is lots of good scenery out here. I look at the stone walls in the fields and wonder how long they have been there. I never had an interest in history until I delivered this area. I will say that I am cover and have never had the pleasure of delivering out here on a snow day but I already know it would suck!
Sucks really bad! The tow driver who serviced that area for us got to know me. Lol. I drove a Sprinter so it was pretty easy to get stuck whether snow, ice, mud and even gravel. It was well worth it though to have deal with that in order to be out there the rest of the year. I have some amazing pictures of all four seasons.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, there is lots of good scenery out here. I look at the stone walls in the fields and wonder how long they have been there. I never had an interest in history until I delivered this area. I will say that I am cover and have never had the pleasure of delivering out here on a snow day but I already know it would suck!
Not to mention, there is SO much history out there.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Be really nice all year to anyone with a pickup truck or a tractor because you never know when you might need one of them to pull your truck out. And they will do it too. Most people are so nice.

10:30 resi

Be really nice all year to anyone with a pickup truck or a tractor because you never know when you might need one of them to pull your truck out. And they will do it too. Most people are so nice.
I have had quite a few good ole boys come out of the house and start telling me their life story. I figure I am the only person they have talked to all day.

One more
PXL_20240621_210739137.MP.jpg

View attachment 489220View attachment 489221

Have you come across this house and barn yet? They were just starting to renovate the house when I moved and I heard they were going to renovate the barn and turn it into an events center for weddings and such.
I don't recognize it but everything is so beautiful out that way it kind of all blends together and its hard for me to tell what's what. I don't have a good sense of direction in that area either. If you had like the exact same area as @Jones I probably will never see that house, I believe he was in a different center then me ( never talked to him, just picked up on clues from lurking here).

I'll keep an eye out for it on your behalf though!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't recognize it but everything is so beautiful out that way it kind of all blends together and its hard for me to tell what's what. I don't have a good sense of direction in that area either. If you had like the exact same area as @Jones I probably will never see that house, I believe he was in a different center then me ( never talked to him, just picked up on clues from lurking here).

Judging by your last picture it looks like you’re on the east side of the mountain looking north. That would be a different area. I did that area on Saturdays when I worked them.

Judging by your last picture it looks like you’re on the east side of the mountain looking north. That would be a different area. I did that area on Saturdays when I worked them.
Pretty much everything to the south of where I was when I took that picture is another center. Areas I will cover are west til the river and north to the state line.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Back when I started Leesburg and Warrenton were in the same center, my first bid route was all that country from Round Hill up to Harpers Ferry.

Back when I started LeByesburg and Warrenton were in the same center, my first bid route was all that country from Round Hill up to Harpers Ferry.
I am shocked that you were able to get that as your first route. It is highly coveted. One of very few left that gets dispatched fairly. They built a brewery at the tubing place which sells pizza by the slice, so there is even a good spot to get meal now.

rod

Retired 23 years
The Power Loon. Always listen to it when we were on AT at Camp Ripley.
Did you take training there? The Power Loon has played Classic Rock and Roll for forever. Another good station around here is KKIN Aitkin---(Their logo is an ass kicking):cowboysmile:.) They play Classis Country --NO NEW COUNTRY which sucks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That’s a whole lot of country! How many miles were you driving, 300-400? How’ve you been? Long time no see!
I don't remember it being that many miles, maybe 150? Just relaxing and living the retired life :happy2:.

I am shocked that you were able to get that as your first route. It is highly coveted. One of very few left that gets dispatched fairly. They built a brewery at the tubing place which sells pizza by the slice, so there is even a good spot to get meal now.
Most of the country routes had decent time on them back then, anyone could make bonus if they wanted to. I did get bumped after one bid though.