I’ve heard this statement a lot from higher seniority drivers.

Would you start this job at a young age again if it was like it is now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
That's sounds like something Jordan B Peterson would say.
1688968490989.png

oldupsman

I really think that’s the end game for the company. Churn and Burn
unfortunatly i think you are right. but word of mouth goes alog way with not finding replacements as amazon has started to find out. What looks good on paper rarely ever survives intact in the real world.
I'm not sure. I don't care what era you come from, walking away from a very financially.
secure job like UPS is very hard to do.

And I'm not trying to be a smart ass when I say this because I did it 32 years. I know what it's all about.
In the end we really are just delivering packages

anonymous23456

To Drivers and loaders people, UPS is just delivering packages. To UPS, it is a logistic company. UPS has more business streams than many people realize. In the future, UPS may do a WHOLE LOT MORE than delivering packages.

oldupsman

To Drivers and loaders people, UPS is just delivering packages. To UPS, it is a logistic company. UPS has more business streams than many people realize. In the future, UPS may do a WHOLE LOT MORE than delivering packages.
Oh, I think they already do. I've been out 15 and I had management people tell
me then that UPS was a technology company that delivers packages.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I couldn’t imagine starting in 2023 versus 1985. The loads are HORRIBLE, supervisors are absolutely clueless, stop counts are unreal, the truck is loaded on ODO, you may have to run the route a completely different way and then there is ORION to fight. People are far ruder now , the harassment from Supes is unreal and the hours are much longer than when I started . I feel for the new hires

These guys don’t know how to stand up for themselves. Afraid to file.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm not sure. I don't care what era you come from, walking away from a very financially.
secure job like UPS is very hard to do.

And I'm not trying to be a smart ass when I say this because I did it 32 years. I know what it's all about.
In the end we really are just delivering packages
With management losing benefits, pension and MIP there is a clear view long term management is no longer wanted. I think management wants to make the job so bad people won’t stay

anonymous23456

With management losing benefits, pension and MIP there is a clear view long term management is no longer wanted. I think management wants to make the job so bad people won’t stay
I wouldn't worry about management. They can go get a job management somewhere else. Some managers don't? That's their problems because they don't know how to manage their career!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I wouldn't worry about management. They can go get a job management somewhere else. Some managers don't? That's their problems because they don't know how to manage their career!
I don’t give a rats ass about management, just saying the way they are treating the” partners” shows they don’t want long term employees

HarryWarden

I do like cheese fries, although TBH I'm not sure what your comment meant... I hope my post didn't come across as whiny, wasn't meant that way.... also didn't mean to type a wall of text... just an old-timer reflecting on the past...
Didn’t come across as whiny to me, thank you for sharing your perspective

That sucks about some of the things you said, I hope you enjoy your years after UPS and the retirement makes it all worth it