I’ve heard this statement a lot from higher seniority drivers.

Would you start this job at a young age again if it was like it is now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm at 20 years FT this year. The job has gotten remarkably easier but also remarkably more frustrating at the same time. Perhaps that's because I learned the job at a different time for the company.

In short, I'd do it over again if it were like it was in 2003. But it's not. So no. Knowing what I know now, I'd have left in '03 and gone back to school.

HarryWarden

Why would I put in the effort when management constantly :censored2:s on us? One thing you learn quickly at ups is that they take advantage of the people why try.
Stop caring what management thinks of you. They’ll never be happy and always expect more. The union doesn’t recognize their numbers

You should however put in a good effort and honest days work, because this is our company, and the more successful we are the more leverage we have in our own negotiations.

HarryWarden

Why would I put in the effort when management constantly :censored2:s on us? One thing you learn quickly at ups is that they take advantage of the people why try.
You should put in the effort because your effort directly affects the people around you. Stop caring about management and instead care about your coworkers

Do a crappy job loading a drivers truck and you’re making his entire day difficult, and they already have a very tough job as it is, a lot tougher than people realize. Work at a safe pace, Completley zone out management and don’t care about their numbers, but still try and do a good job, if only for the reason you don’t make someone else’s day worse

PT Car Washer

You should put in the effort because your effort directly affects the people around you. Stop caring about management and instead care about your coworkers

Do a crappy job loading a drivers truck and you’re making his entire day difficult, and they already have a very tough job as it is, a lot tougher than people realize. Work at a safe pace, Completley zone out management and don’t care about their numbers, but still try and do a good job, if only for the reason you don’t make someone else’s day worse
I agree completely but some days management gets a burr under their saddle and decide to make hourlies life miserable by wanting more effort out of everyone regardless of the outcome. Anyone who has been here more then a few years know what I mean. Unfortunately it is the delivery drivers who end up suffering the most. Stuff rolls down hill.