I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

based on wages and productivity gaps. i dont think i heard it anywhere its just my guess. and its in average.

what do you think it is and why?
I have no idea. How do you calculate the 10, or so weeks of pay that I don’t work? Are you calculating all benefits, or strictly payroll?

Let’s calculate all benefits @ 45 hours a week (with no overtime calculated) for 52 weeks. And all driver made $25 an hour. Of course there will be differences around the country.

2340 hours * $50 = 117,000

117,000 * 100,000 drivers?= $11.7 bil.

Ups does not make 11.7 bil a year on only drivers.

So if ups makes 5 bil. A year and has 454k employees. They make $11,013 off every employee.

rickyb

I have no idea. How do you calculate the 10, or so weeks of pay that I don’t work? Are you calculating all benefits, or strictly payroll?

Let’s calculate all benefits @ 45 hours a week (with no overtime calculated) for 52 weeks. And all driver made $25 an hour. Of course there will be differences around the country.

2340 hours * $50 = 117,000

117,000 * 100,000 drivers?= $11.7 bil.

Ups does not make 11.7 bil a year on only drivers.

So if ups makes 5 bil. A year and has 454k employees. They make $11,013 off every employee.
i have no idea if your math is right. i do know UPS is having record profits.

aside from being exploited on an hourly basis, you also lose all decision making as an employee.

so for example the seats in the trucks, the lack of radio, company not providing lights at night, uniform, length of shift, safety of trucks, etc is all determined by UPS.

aside from being exploited on an hourly basis, you also lose all decision making as an employee.

so for example the seats in the trucks, the lack of radio, company not providing lights at night, uniform, length of shift, safety of trucks, etc is all determined by UPS.
WRONG

rickyb

im right about all the things ive listed. ive done this job before, remember ;)

even if your right about how much theyre profiting off each employee, theres something fundamentally wrong with the US economy when 3 people have more wealth than the bottom 150 million americans.

rickyb

america is the wealthiest nation on earth. there is no shortage of money, only political problems.

https://jalopnik.com/dominos-is-fixing-americas-crappy-roads-for-pizza-safet-1826736405

It’s not pretty.

To remedy this, Domino’s has been hiring work crews to repair potholes in a number of cities, including Burbank, California (five holes fixed), Bartonville, Texas (eight holes), an impressive 40 holes fixed in Milford, Delaware, and an astounding 150 potholes filled in Athens, Georgia.

It’s not entirely altruistic, of course. Domino’s tags every filled pothole with their logo and the tagline “OH YES WE DID.”

View attachment upload_2018-6-13_20-36-14.gif
Also, remember, this is for the sake of pizza structural integrity, not your comfort.

The city manager of Milford said of the project:

FACING AN ALREADY HARSHER WINTER THAN USUAL FOR DELAWARE, THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ADDITIONAL MONEY TO STRETCH OUR CITY’S LIMITED RESOURCES.”

It’s a travesty. I have no say in my own car. The seats, radio, safety, fuel economy, etc. it was all there before I bought it. Someone else made all those decisions. Same with my house, boats, even the cleats on the dock.

I’m glad to have these problems. Because I don’t have the time to micromanage any of this stuff. I’ll just replace things as needed, otherwise it could take over a decade to get everything right.

rickyb

It’s a travesty. I have no say in my own car. The seats, radio, safety, fuel economy, etc. it was all there before I bought it. Someone else made all those decisions. Same with my house, boats, even the cleats on the dock.

I’m glad to have these problems. Because I don’t have the time to micromanage any of this stuff. I’ll just replace things as needed, otherwise it could take over a decade to get everything right.
yea you do. you bought your own car, boat. it didnt take a decade to decide.

UPS buys its trucks without your input.

in ralph nader radio hour "myth of litigious society" they talk about the decline of juries in america. the founding fathers in the bill of rights made "jury" the most popular word after "A" and "the". juries are decentralized and largely uncorruptable.

but with capitalism we have centralization of power and corruption

rickyb

Max Keiser Retweeted
Max Blumenthal‏Verified account @MaxBlumenthal 15h15 hours ago

Arms industry stock declined when Trump met Kim at historic summit in Singapore. The prospect of peace is bad for business. https://www.investors.com/news/defense-stocks-trump-kim-north-korea-summit/ …

Dfn5RANX4AUABZ0.jpg

Dfn5RALWsAElJL5.jpg

Dfn5RAQWsAA9dYM.jpg

It will be fine

in ralph nader radio hour "myth of litigious society" they talk about the decline of juries in america. the founding fathers in the bill of rights made "jury" the most popular word after "A" and "the". juries are decentralized and largely uncorruptable.

That’s an interesting point in light of the recent ruling allowing forced arbitration in employment contracts.

No, I did not choose the items on board. Engines, upholstery, etc.