I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

my point is back then the economy was radically different than now.

without even looking it up people are far more indebted now (not just mortgage debts) than they were back then.

weve created a system of debt peonage.
Before 1986 we could write off credit card debt on our taxes.

I got my first mortgage in 1986 when the rates dropped to 9.5%. They had been 2 or 3 points higher.

But I had some money in CD's that made a ton of money.
Got may first mortgage in 1992/3. It was an assumable fha loan @ 7.5%. Couldn’t believe I could get an assumable loan at such a low rate.

It only averaged over 16 percent for two years in the early 80s. This is classic walking to school in 20 feet of snow uphill both ways.
OfLHKlv4w1DQk.gif

rickyb

You can get unlimited data, a generator and maybe some solar panels?
yea thats what he mentioned he a a generator, solar and his own internet.

its wierd, he has a truck camper and i met a guy in his truck camper walking the dog whos been doing it for 15 years and never has any problems, so i dont get this guys reason for doing it.

yea thats what he mentioned he a a generator, solar and his own internet.

its wierd, he has a truck camper and i met a guy in his truck camper walking the dog whos been doing it for 15 years and never has any problems, so i dont get this guys reason for doing it.
I'm sure taking a shower and going to the bathroom is fun .

rickyb

so i went to the french cafe down the block. he doubled prices on his cheapest crepes which really sucks.

he says in france they get 1.5 hours paid lunch every day by law. and many breaks. i couldnt understand how many because this guys so french i have a hard time understanding his english. and youre not scrutinized when youre on your break unlike here.

here by law we have 30 minutes unpaid every day per 8 hours i believe.

by coincidence he worked at almost the same job as me, but he had it worse. im not sure if they were unionized like us. anyways, he was constantly swearing about it.

------------

one of my coworkers is from switzerland. he says EU has a different approach to capitalism than we do here. here the idea is "time is money".