I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Ok, let me help you get caught up.

What you missed, is that hardly anyone is buying.... What they're all actually doing is borrowing.

When interest rates to borrow drop, the demand increases, which increases housing prices.

You see, you bought when interest rates were high and demand was low. When interest rates dropped, demand increased, prices rose, and you benefited.

Now you're pretending the high rates that helped you buy low were bad for you. And at the same time you're pretending the low rates that jacked up housing prices for young people are a benefit to them and not you....

So basically you're a typical narcissistic baby boomer separated from reality.
Carry on.
If I were a baby boomer I would look into moving here.

C00BFAC6-C377-4232-A365-E41A71E3AC62.png

Would be nostalgic to live on tarte rd.

You are leaving out the high costs of updating/renovating that house you bought at a high interest rate in 1993.

bad weather and its boring.
Not so... they say it rains all the time. But it really doesn’t. Mild weather let’s you do anything year round. The islands (including the gulf islands all the way to desolation sound). are the most beautiful place I’ve seen. Boring? It’s got anything you might want to do.

rickyb

Not so... they say it rains all the time. But it really doesn’t. Mild weather let’s you do anything year round. The islands (including the gulf islands all the way to desolation sound). are the most beautiful place I’ve seen. Boring? It’s got anything you might want to do.
the only good thing is the sports and concerts and water rafting.

the weather right now is cold and half the days are rain.

vantexan

what do you do for fun in seattle?
Fantastic bookstores, great seafood and locally grown produce, beautiful parks, stunning scenery when it's clear, cafe culture, nearby outdoors, boating and sailing, downtown sidewalks are bustling, great museums, galleries, super good bus system. And if you're into leftism and protests, which I'm not, it's full of people doing just that.

rickyb

Fantastic bookstores, great seafood and locally grown produce, beautiful parks, stunning scenery when it's clear, cafe culture, nearby outdoors, boating and sailing, downtown sidewalks are bustling, great museums, galleries, super good bus system. And if you're into leftism and protests, which I'm not, it's full of people doing just that.
yea the pier is good. still its not good enough.