I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

middle eastern idiots who have comparable pathetic life expectancy to american idiots have 24-30 days off for vacation a year so close to europe

1687075371937.png

rickyb

joe rogan thinks we are close as ever to societal collapse, they comment on student debt, and how ideally you do not want to work for someone and work for yourself partly because you are "renting your time" which comes off to me as anti capitalist because of course why would you want to take orders the way we do at our capitalist (or even govt) jobs

rickyb

When you have a crap economy you can let people have more time off.
well europe likely had a militant labor movement which gave them their rights to 6 weeks off.

north america did not have this.

not sure what happened in middle east, but im assuming its not a benevolent politician who gave it to them.

afterall, it wasnt JFK, FDR, or i forget the name of that president who supposedly was anti slavery - it was the movements which made these guys pass good legislation

vantexan

well europe likely had a militant labor movement which gave them their rights to 6 weeks off.

north america did not have this.

not sure what happened in middle east, but im assuming its not a benevolent politician who gave it to them.

afterall, it wasnt JFK, FDR, or i forget the name of that president who supposedly was anti slavery - it was the movements which made these guys pass good legislation
I had a movement and passed something just a few minutes ago.

You need to wake up to reality. When there's high growth and a value added economy there's room for benefits like extra time off. When there's limited growth and a service economy those benefits go away. Something that's happening in Europe now.

Tell me, when A.I. and robotics eliminate 50% of existing jobs exactly how do you propose paying people to do work that's just not there? Robots don't organize.

rickyb

I had a movement and passed something just a few minutes ago.

You need to wake up to reality. When there's high growth and a value added economy there's room for benefits like extra time off. When there's limited growth and a service economy those benefits go away. Something that's happening in Europe now.

Tell me, when A.I. and robotics eliminate 50% of existing jobs exactly how do you propose paying people to do work that's just not there? Robots don't organize.
EU is an actual 1st world continent, unlike north america where we dont have work life balance. who cares about growth its just going to the capitalists pockets, it doesnt trickle down lol

america has had flat wages since 1973 and yet you have had growth.

btw when robots take peoples jobs, we will have even more neo feudalism than we do now or we will have a better standard of living than we do now. depends if we organize or not.

vantexan

EU is an actual 1st world continent, unlike north america where we dont have work life balance. who cares about growth its just going to the capitalists pockets, it doesnt trickle down lol

america has had flat wages since 1973 and yet you have had growth.

btw when robots take peoples jobs, we will have even more neo feudalism than we do now or we will have a better standard of living than we do now. depends if we organize or not.
You're going to organize for what money exactly if you don't have a job? Our growth has been abysmal.

vantexan

growth since 1973 my friend. you had growth before then, and as far as i know, you never had a right to 5 or 4 or 6 weeks vacation
That's because this country was built up from nothing in a relatively short time. We've always had a work ethic here. But don't worry, when people are put out of work they will have plenty of time.