I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Thebrownblob

the FFs excluded a bunch of groups from politics. its been a struggle to expand democracy in america
Because that’s by design Ricky, our founding fathers knew pure democracy will destroy this country. We have a representative republic for a reason. Unfortunately, scandalous people have figured out how to buy those people off. The ones that are supposed to represent us. That’s not an inherent problem with capitalism. It’s an inherited problem with humanity.

Thebrownblob

the FFs excluded a bunch of groups from politics. its been a struggle to expand democracy in america
So back to your original question, you haven’t show me any systemic corruption within the union, there will always be corrupt people singularly in every organization, though.

rickyb

Because that’s by design Ricky, our founding fathers new pure democracy will destroy this country. We have a representative republic for a reason. Unfortunately, scandalous people have figured out how to buy those people off. The ones that are supposed to represent us. That’s not an inherent problem with capitalism. It’s an inherited problem with humanity.
they excluded people without property, women, natives, and blacks. its a :censored2:ing joke

rickyb

So back to your original question, you haven’t show me any systemic corruption within the union, there will always be corrupt people singularly in every organization, though.
i agree corruption is everywhere. i showed you the low number of strikes. i couldnt find anything otherwise as i said. feel free to quote chomsky and post it here

Thebrownblob

thats the point theyre in all likelihood mediocre or bad. it was movements that made the bad politicians fearful enough to pass legislation
That’s a good way to get bad legislation as well that’s why we have a constitution to push back against such popular opinions of the day.

rickyb

That’s a good way to get bad legislation as well that’s why we have a constitution to push back against such popular opinions of the day.
bad legislation is usually passed by the rich influencing politicans when there are no movements. america has had probably 45 years now of bad legislation

rickyb

cornel west briefly mentioned union leadership corruption in a presidential interview. keep this in mind when deciding on the UPS contract