I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

i heard stories of elderly living in their car in america cuz they dont get enough SS LOL
And? You get out of SS what you put in. If your SS is minimal it's because you worked minimal jobs. Those who worked hard and long hours at more demanding jobs that pay better end up with better SS. You aren't owed anything, you have to make it happen for yourself.

rickyb

And? You get out of SS what you put in. If your SS is minimal it's because you worked minimal jobs. Those who worked hard and long hours at more demanding jobs that pay better end up with better SS. You aren't owed anything, you have to make it happen for yourself.
uhh your retirement should definitely have justice regardless of how poor you were as a worker ESPECIALLY when the government spends over a trillion a year on war.

vantexan

uhh your retirement should definitely have justice regardless of how poor you were as a worker ESPECIALLY when the government spends over a trillion a year on war.
I'm 100% for the government spending less on defense. But again you aren't owed anything in a free society. It's up to you to earn it.

vantexan

Nonits anti christian wat you are proposing
Nowhere in the New Testament does it say to pay someone else's way. It's Christian to not let people starve. Want to help them with their electric bill or a tank of gas? Sure. But to support everyone with a nice income? No.

vantexan

Should i be a wall street speculator driving up food prices in the 3rd world?
You don't know how things work. When there's too much of a commodity the prices are driven down to get rid of the excess. When there's not enough prices rise which slows down purchases and makes the shortage less severe so that you don't run out.

rickyb

Nowhere in the New Testament does it say to pay someone else's way. It's Christian to not let people starve. Want to help them with their electric bill or a tank of gas? Sure. But to support everyone with a nice income? No.
Rich ppl who let the poor suffer bc of their greed are not christians

vantexan

Rich ppl who let the poor suffer bc of their greed are not christians
So a person who works hard, establishes a business, and eventually becomes wealthy from the business is evil for having money? What about all the people he gave jobs to over the years? Did they not benefit? And you need to define suffering. A lot of people with low incomes still manage to have cellphones, a car, big screen tvs, nice clothes, and plenty to eat. Their house may not be big, their cellphone may not be an iPhone, their tv might not be a Samsung, they might not eat out often, but are they suffering? A lot of people who are suffering often do so by abusing drugs and alcohol.

There are too many people for the government to give them all high incomes in retirement. It's on every adult to work on having more by setting aside money to invest, work longer hours, and sacrifice a bit. If you don't want to do that you have to settle for what you get.

rickyb

So a person who works hard, establishes a business, and eventually becomes wealthy from the business is evil for having money? What about all the people he gave jobs to over the years? Did they not benefit? And you need to define suffering. A lot of people with low incomes still manage to have cellphones, a car, big screen tvs, nice clothes, and plenty to eat. Their house may not be big, their cellphone may not be an iPhone, their tv might not be a Samsung, they might not eat out often, but are they suffering? A lot of people who are suffering often do so by abusing drugs and alcohol.

There are too many people for the government to give them all high incomes in retirement. It's on every adult to work on having more by setting aside money to invest, work longer hours, and sacrifice a bit. If you don't want to do that you have to settle for what you get.
a person who works hard, establishes a business, and eventually becomes wealthy from the business is a good person IF they are not hiring employees. and im not talking about what the business actually is.

job creation is not unique to any specific economic system so that argument is moot.

suffering as in living paycheque to paycheque when you pay for necessities.

do you know how i know americans are suffering? because you elected a half black president and then you elected trump. its highly unusual.

im not talking about a high income in retirement lol im talking about a decent income.

its anti christian to defend rich people on one hand and poor people on the other.

Thebrownblob

a person who works hard, establishes a business, and eventually becomes wealthy from the business is a good person IF they are not hiring employees. and im not talking about what the business actually is.

job creation is not unique to any specific economic system so that argument is moot.

do you know how i know americans are suffering? because you elected a half black president and then you elected trump. its highly unusual.

im not talking about a high income in retirement lol im talking about a decent income.

its anti christian to defend rich people on one hand and poor people on the other.
1696386661257.gif

vantexan

If you say so...I think. What did you say again?

vantexan

jesus is monitoring your posts

you know im right its anti christian to defend rich people on one hand and poor on the other.
Jesus said that the poor will always be with us. He never said tear everything down, protest in the streets, take everything from the rich. Your understanding of Christianity is very limited.

rickyb

Jesus said that the poor will always be with us. He never said tear everything down, protest in the streets, take everything from the rich. Your understanding of Christianity is very limited.
no i think yours is twisted. but its religion, it gets twisted just like the right wing twisted the matrix with "red pill"

jesus did protest btw thats why he got crucified. he was protesting the rich in the temple n'est pas?