I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

no i think yours is twisted. but its religion, it gets twisted just like the right wing twisted the matrix with "red pill"

jesus did protest btw thats why he got crucified. he was protesting the rich in the temple n'est pas?
No, he was protesting the Temple being used to conduct business, not that the "rich" were there. And that isn't why he got crucified.

rickyb

No, he was protesting the Temple being used to conduct business, not that the "rich" were there. And that isn't why he got crucified.
“Jesus was a person of color; the Romans were white. The Romans nailed Jesus and other people of color to crosses the same way we finish them off on death row, or gun them down in the streets by militarized police. And the Romans didn’t care about Jesus’ religious importance; they killed him as an insurrectionist, as a revolutionary, because they feared the radicalism of the Christian gospel, which defied so much of Roman culture.

“The Roman state looked at Jesus the same way the American state looked at Malcolm X or Martin Luther King,” he concludes. “And, as is true throughout history, prophets are often killed.”

lets dive into it @vantexan

rickyb

@vantexan

1696389959270.png

"I think that’s what I’ve always done, and I think that that does come out of my religious background and my understanding that one must stand with the crucified of the earth."

Last edited:

vantexan

“Jesus was a person of color; the Romans were white. The Romans nailed Jesus and other people of color to crosses the same way we finish them off on death row, or gun them down in the streets by militarized police. And the Romans didn’t care about Jesus’ religious importance; they killed him as an insurrectionist, as a revolutionary, because they feared the radicalism of the Christian gospel, which defied so much of Roman culture.

“The Roman state looked at Jesus the same way the American state looked at Malcolm X or Martin Luther King,” he concludes. “And, as is true throughout history, prophets are often killed.”

lets dive into it @vantexan

We've had this discussion. The ones driven out of the Temple by Jesus weren't Romans, they were Jews. And Jesus was Caucasian as a Semite. Semites have dark hair and often swarthy features.

rickyb

We've had this discussion. The ones driven out of the Temple by Jesus weren't Romans, they were Jews. And Jesus was Caucasian as a Semite. Semites have dark hair and often swarthy features.
You need to do a better job defending the poor if you want to be a better christian

vantexan

I do. but you are always trying to justify your poverty
I'm not impoverished. I'm poor. And where you go wrong is thinking it's unfair you have to work to have nice things. If I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear then I have all I need. Everything else is just things I want. I don't envy the rich having much nicer things than I do. I'm not willing to go to those lengths to have those things and likely I'm not capable of achieving those things anyways.

I've pointed this out before: read that John D. Rockefeller had a fortune of $750 million. $150 billion in today's dollars at the time I read that about 20 years ago. Yet he never talked on a cellphone, never watched tv, never flew in a modern airplane, never drove or rode in today's most luxurious vehicles, never saw the Internet. I've done things the one time richest man in the world would have never even dreamed of. So being poor is relative.

If you must have a 5000 sq ft home full of beautiful furniture and nice electronics and a three car garage fully loaded with vehicles, toys, and tools and are willing to work what is necessary to get those things more power to you. If you aren't then you'll have to settle for less. All those nice things represent jobs people have to produce and transport them. But trying to bring down the system that employs, feeds, clothes, and houses more people in prosperity than any other system in history because you don't want to work hard to have nice things is on you. You're the reason you don't have everything you want and envy those who do. Not the system.

rickyb

I'm not impoverished. I'm poor. And where you go wrong is thinking it's unfair you have to work to have nice things. If I have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear then I have all I need. Everything else is just things I want. I don't envy the rich having much nicer things than I do. I'm not willing to go to those lengths to have those things and likely I'm not capable of achieving those things anyways.

I've pointed this out before: read that John D. Rockefeller had a fortune of $750 million. $150 billion in today's dollars at the time I read that about 20 years ago. Yet he never talked on a cellphone, never watched tv, never flew in a modern airplane, never drove or rode in today's most luxurious vehicles, never saw the Internet. I've done things the one time richest man in the world would have never even dreamed of. So being poor is relative.

If you must have a 5000 sq ft home full of beautiful furniture and nice electronics and a three car garage fully loaded with vehicles, toys, and tools and are willing to work what is necessary to get those things more power to you. If you aren't then you'll have to settle for less. All those nice things represent jobs people have to produce and transport them. But trying to bring down the system that employs, feeds, clothes, and houses more people in prosperity than any other system in history because you don't want to work hard to have nice things is on you. You're the reason you don't have everything you want and envy those who do. Not the system.
You justifying poverty is anti christian

im talking about ppl who cant afford basics and arent saving

No being poor is about not affording the basics and not being able to save

the system centraluzes power. ppl are bad at making decisions bc of their support for political and economic tyranny

rickyb

the system centraluzes power. ppl are bad at making decisions bc of their support for political and economic tyranny
ppl are bad at making decisions bc of their support for political and economic tyranny...so show some humility that you might be wrong with your support of capitalism which is more of the same

not to mention low union rate

vantexan

By basics what are you saying? Most people can afford to eat, pay rent, pay utilities, afford a car.

I in no way justified poverty. But those below the poverty line in the U.S. qualify for food stamps, section 8 housing, low or no cost healthcare.

Exactly what is it do you think everyone should be getting? And for once give your own opinion. What is it that you think everyone should be getting beyond what they already are?

rickyb

By basics what are you saying? Most people can afford to eat, pay rent, pay utilities, afford a car.

I in no way justified poverty. But those below the poverty line in the U.S. qualify for food stamps, section 8 housing, low or no cost healthcare.

Exactly what is it do you think everyone should be getting? And for once give your own opinion. What is it that you think everyone should be getting beyond what they already are?
many people can not afford eat/rent/etc.

i already told you

vantexan

many people can not afford eat/rent/etc.

i already told you
The vast overwhelming majority of people can afford to eat and pay rent. The people who can't have assistance programs available to them. People who choose to live on the street, in cars, etc usually do so by choice or have mental health issues. Most people don't.

And you didn't answer my question. What exactly do you think the poor should be provided with?

rickyb

The vast overwhelming majority of people can afford to eat and pay rent. The people who can't have assistance programs available to them. People who choose to live on the street, in cars, etc usually do so by choice or have mental health issues. Most people don't.

And you didn't answer my question. What exactly do you think the poor should be provided with?
On google its between 10to 25% of ppl are hungry.

Theres not enoigh assistance.

Ppl dont choose to live in a car by choice lol

vantexan

On google its between 10to 25% of ppl are hungry.

Theres not enoigh assistance.

Ppl dont choose to live in a car by choice lol
You have no clue. I've been following living in vehicles for years on the internet. People with limited income who don't want to be a burden on their families or don't want roommates to get by on rent and utilities choose to live in vans, cars, pickups with camper shells, RV's. They choose to sleep in Wal-Mart parking lots and go to Planet Fitness for showers. Quite a few are camping on BLM land for free. Large groups on Facebook discuss best ways to make it work. And most of them are happy with the lifestyle. Not talking about drug addicts sleeping in tents on sidewalks.

I just bought an older pickup with an 8' bed. Plan to put a topper on it and camp fulltime in New Mexico. My choices are to do that, stay with family, or go overseas. And I'm very happy with the camping choice and have no desire to be a burden to my family. And if I choose to go overseas I'll be camping fulltime in Argentina. Can get by on $400 USD a month there just fine. When I get too old for that will get a nice apartment in a nice small city there and maybe spend $1200 a month total.

You seem to think everyone must have a nice home and vehicle and other stuff to be happy. And if you don't have all that stuff you're unhappy. You don't know the satisfaction of being a minimalist having the freedom to not pursue material goods. To not have the latest and greatest. My only exception is if I'm living with my wife and she wants a certain amount of comfort. I can provide that to her overseas but am not going back to work to provide her stuff because her desire for more never ends.

rickyb

You have no clue. I've been following living in vehicles for years on the internet. People with limited income who don't want to be a burden on their families or don't want roommates to get by on rent and utilities choose to live in vans, cars, pickups with camper shells, RV's. They choose to sleep in Wal-Mart parking lots and go to Planet Fitness for showers. Quite a few are camping on BLM land for free. Large groups on Facebook discuss best ways to make it work. And most of them are happy with the lifestyle. Not talking about drug addicts sleeping in tents on sidewalks.

I just bought an older pickup with an 8' bed. Plan to put a topper on it and camp fulltime in New Mexico. My choices are to do that, stay with family, or go overseas. And I'm very happy with the camping choice and have no desire to be a burden to my family. And if I choose to go overseas I'll be camping fulltime in Argentina. Can get by on $400 USD a month there just fine. When I get too old for that will get a nice apartment in a nice small city there and maybe spend $1200 a month total.

You seem to think everyone must have a nice home and vehicle and other stuff to be happy. And if you don't have all that stuff you're unhappy. You don't know the satisfaction of being a minimalist having the freedom to not pursue material goods. To not have the latest and greatest. My only exception is if I'm living with my wife and she wants a certain amount of comfort. I can provide that to her overseas but am not going back to work to provide her stuff because her desire for more never ends.
did i say that?

you should be able to afford to live in america on social security.