I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

sign of the economy getting more indebted?

1700502325262.png

rickyb

i bought snowboard boots with proprietary lace system a long time ago in my pre anarchist days, and i had concerns but i bought it anyways. when the laces broke, it was a disaster which couldve been avoided if i simply bought regular lace system, but nevertheless i fixed it and used the boots until the base came apart.

if you have boa or quick lace boots a quick fix would be to drill holes in the boot and simply put regular laces through. my adidas basketball runners had the regular lace straps break, and so i did this and its worked with no loss in tightness.

Thebrownblob

i bought snowboard boots with proprietary lace system a long time ago in my pre anarchist days, and i had concerns but i bought it anyways. when the laces broke, it was a disaster which couldve been avoided if i simply bought regular lace system, but nevertheless i fixed it and used the boots until the base came apart.

if you have boa or quick lace boots a quick fix would be to drill holes in the boot and simply put regular laces through. my adidas basketball runners had the regular lace straps break, and so i did this and its worked with no loss in tightness.
You waited too long to go to Europe @rickyb

vantexan

Snowboarding? Why do you indulge in such rich folk activities? Shouldn't you sell your snowboard and give the money to the poor right after you give your home back to the Native Americans? Ah, do as I say, not as I do.

rickyb

Snowboarding? Why do you indulge in such rich folk activities? Shouldn't you sell your snowboard and give the money to the poor right after you give your home back to the Native Americans? Ah, do as I say, not as I do.
you can be a good person going to protests, making videos, bumper stickers, donating, veganism, etc and still snowboard

its true if you go on certain snowboard manufacturer websites some of htem are against chair lifts because it consumes energy. some of htem talk about global warming. the local mountains here have no snow and our province ground is still in a maximum or almost maximum drought for maybe 40% of the land.

vantexan

you can be a good person going to protests, making videos, bumper stickers, donating, veganism, etc and still snowboard

its true if you go on certain snowboard manufacturer websites some of htem are against chair lifts because it consumes energy. some of htem talk about global warming. the local mountains here have no snow and our province ground is still in a maximum or almost maximum drought for maybe 40% of the land.
How can we dance while our Earth is turning'
How can we sleep while our beds are burning'

The time has come to say fair's fair
To pay the rent now, to pay our share

-Midnight Oil

You think about that Ricky.
You're out having fun and living on stolen land.

It's time to pay the rent Ricky
Pay your rent Ricky, pay your share!

rickyb

How can we dance while our Earth is turning'
How can we sleep while our beds are burning'

The time has come to say fair's fair
To pay the rent now, to pay our share

-Midnight Oil

You think about that Ricky.
You're out having fun and living on stolen land.

It's time to pay the rent Ricky
Pay your rent Ricky, pay your share!
quote chomsky what should be done about the native americans

its not lost on us at the palestine liberation from israeli occupation protests

rickyb

theres a severe shortage of nurses here, the govt is even paying them to go to school, and yet the collective agreements vacation time are still worse than european laws. our collective agreements would be considered illegal in europe.

rickyb

here theres a healthcare shortage

but hiring bonuses are not really mentioned, the paid vacation is considered illegal by EU standards.

so what gives? are they trying to privatize the system? theres a shortage in america too, but in america its already privatized.

rickyb

these natives were the richest people on earth at some point and capitalism was not being practiced in america lol

it was the natives money but they couldnt manage it, the whites managed it like an allowance lol

they were treated like children. not so differently than workers are treated like children by their bosses. when you are not making democratic decisions and being responsible, you are not an adult.