I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

[QUOTE="rickyb, post: 3061550, member: 56035"]i dont know really but id guess closer to $20.

im still waiting for you to get back to me as to how much UPS profits off of its drivers every hour.[/QUOTE]

you must know something....

Every driver will be different. Depends on the area (miles, pieces, stops, service level of packsge, hours worked, positive sales leads, bonus).

I don't care how much UPS profits from me, I only care how much I profit. My best guess is that I cost the company about $62 an hour. Not factoring in any mistakes I may make.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
you should really know how much UPS is profiting off you / ripping you off.
You realize it's basically impossible to quantify that right? 6 billion in profit with 400k employees would suggest I'm getting far more than my fair share, but it's obviously not that simple.

We're members of one of the largest unions in the country, we have more say in our compensation than most people, and the pay and benefits reflect that.

There's probably a walmart employee forum you could try to sell your ideas on, it might do more good there than here.

You realize it's basically impossible to quantify that right? 6 billion in profit with 400k employees would suggest I'm getting far more than my fair share, but it's obviously not that simple.

We're members of one of the largest unions in the country, we have more say in our compensation than most people, and the pay and benefits reflect that.

There's probably a walmart employee forum you could try to sell your ideas on, it might do more good there than here.
Are you saying "we've got hand"?

watdaflock?

Republican Presidents and Congresses-

e4c57d26f41d8ede2d1bb26d3deacf80--liberal-politics-the-republican.jpg

19fd3cfa3033ea67f1098530e655a5c5--political-memes-political-issues.jpg

rickyb

ups treats its workers pretty bad, but certainly its better than walmart. a guy just shot up the place at UPS...im sure capitalism had nothing to do with how pissed he was

worker coops which jill stein and bernie sanders and ron paul support, are good for UPS too.

yea im not asking for a precise number but just a rough idea. if 1989 doesnt know, who prides himself on his numbers, well he should be able to.

Last edited:

ups treats its workers pretty bad, but certainly its better than walmart. a guy just shot up the place at UPS...im sure capitalism had nothing to do with how :censored2: he was

worker coops which jill stein and bernie sanders and ron paul support, are good for UPS too.

yea im not asking for a precise number but just a rough idea. if 1989 doesnt know, who prides himself on his numbers, well he should be able to.
A package is handled many times throughout the system. Pick up, unload, sort, load, small sort, feeder, (airport, unload sort, load, pilot, unload, sort, load, unload, sort, load, delver) unload sort load feeder, rail yard? Feeder, unload, sort, small sort, load, misload, misdeliver, DFU, deliver.

Assuming I work a full 210 days a year. I think UPS (who doesn't sleep) probably made a billion dollars off me. I might be off by a zero or two tho. And keep in mind I may have forgot one or two unload, sort, load.

Exactly how much would I make if UPS was a co op? Could I just deliver neighborhoods every other day? Could I refuse to make an on call pick up? if I wanted to leave at 15:00 could I just bring back 75 stops?

rickyb

Exactly how much would I make if UPS was a co op? Could I just deliver neighborhoods every other day? Could I refuse to make an on call pick up? if I wanted to leave at 15:00 could I just bring back 75 stops?

thats right, you'd actually be practicing democracy by voting with other workers on how you run UPS OR what kind of representatives you want to carry out your best interests. you can currently take any situation at UPS where a good majority of workers would disagree with and know only because of a centralized economic system like capitalism that its that way.

rickyb

if you asked a poll of workers "is your employer your friend?" a majority of them would say no.

you can blame it on capitalism.

thats right, you'd actually be practicing democracy by voting with other workers on how you run UPS OR what kind of representatives you want to carry out your best interests. you can currently take any situation at UPS where a good majority of workers would disagree with and know only because of a centralized economic system like capitalism that its that way.
I can do that now, if it makes sense. Good job avoiding the questions tho.