I finally did it!!!

DOK

To be honest I haven't a clue about the 1800 hour requirement or exactly what's needed. But I'm a 30+ year driver and have talked both on the phone with union reps and also received my initial paperwork to see where I stand if I want to walk, and all my years are covered and I'm good to go. It's a good feeling. I pretty much just take it day by day and see which way the wind is blowing and if I feel like working or not if they are running fat with extras.

I know my old union steward said you had to work "X" amount of hours per year to get all vacations covered the following year. As you can tell I wasn't too worried about it.
They’re so adorable when they’re young

542thruNthru

Most, if not none, of us would make this kind of us would make this kind of money anywhere else. Stay humble, y’all.
Depends on where you live. I'd easily be making the money I am now with the time I've put in at UPS.

Benefits and pension are a different story.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Depends on where you live. I'd easily be making the money I am now with the time I've put in at UPS.

Benefits and pension are a different story.
Benefits alone are worth what, like 40k? I for one am super grateful of this job with my high school diploma having ass.

biggest reality check I had was when I entertained a career change and took a test to get into the Teamsters Electrician Union. I failed that test so bad I knew I was a UPS lifer from here on out. Could be worse right?

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
Nice work!! I'm only about ready to hit $80,000.

Although I worked a crazy amount during the Covid peak nonsense, I've still had my share of RLO's. Some driver buddies are actually surprised I'm at that amount considering the number of days I take off. Hell.....I had so many unpaid last year that not all of my vacation time was fully paid this year.

Oh well.....I'm not starving and having a lot of fun.
I took a ton of time off this past Spring also. I worked in feeders enough to bump it up over $90k. I won't hit $100k this year.