If rioters stopped your package car

Scuderia

Manslaughter is typically accidental, yes? Third degree murder is similar but probably warranted when the action that led to the death had less to do with an accident/chance and more with depraved behavior. As reasonable people, those who witnessed and were capturing video of what was happening where telling the officer he was killing the guy. He should have seen that and cared about it too. He didn’t. Third degree murder.

What’s the sentence for 3rd degree murder?

quad decade guy

LMAO.
Trust me, if you're accusing me of racial bias against the cop, you should know that they don't come much whiter than me. Midwest, been here for generations, and all European before that.

And in basically every other politicized case I've seen, I have been on the side of our law enforcement.

I don't care what happened before. When someone is unconscious/has no pulse, they pose no threat, and you can stop hurting them.

If someone poses an active threat to law enforcement, I'm an active proponent of lethal force. Those guys need to be able to protect themselves.
But not if they no longer pose a threat.

I really like the phrase "play stupid games, and you'll win stupid prizes".
In this case, I don't feel that the prize was warranted by the stupidity of the game being played.

Nice background and preamble. And so? Entitles you to what? Give your opinion like me? And you are the designated what exactly? Absolutely, exactly without question, no need of proof what? And what happened before may have led to what happened after with a horrific result? Are YOU Soloman? God?

AwashBwashCwash

Would he have died if a knee with the full body weight of a man behind it not been on his neck for 9 minutes? Is it a victim’s fault if their health dictates that they can’t endure a cruel physical punishment that officers aren’t trained to inflict in the first place?

Again, he did not die from asphyxiation, so I'm not sure why you are so fixated with the knee.
Personally, if I had underlying heart conditions and didn't want to die, I wouldn't be doing hard drugs like cocaine and then violently resisting arrest, but that's just me. We used to call this kind of thing "suicide by cop."
I'd say you can make as much of a case that he committed suicide as you can that his death was murder.

rod

Retired 23 years
What’s the sentence for 3rd degree murder?
During the COVID-19 crisis it's about a month. Then they let you go on house arrest because they feel sorry for you being locked up with others during these trying times. I think California turned just about everyone loose.

quad decade guy

During the COVID-19 crisis it's about a month. Then they let you go on house arrest because they feel sorry for you being locked up with others during these trying times. I think California turned just about everyone loose.

Who was killed with 3rd degree murder?

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Nice background and preamble. And so? Entitles you to what? Give your opinion like me? And you are the designated what exactly? Absolutely, exactly without question, no need of proof what? And what happened before may have led to what happened after with a horrific result? Are YOU Soloman? God?

You're missing the point here. There is no reason to hold someone down by the neck for an extended period of time. He had backup, 4 other cops there. He had the suspect in restraints. He had a cruiser and able to stick the suspect into it. The officer had everything he needed to remain safe and do the job properly.

If the officer was alone, this is a different story.

What occurred doesn't matter. Mr Floyd was completely restrained with multiple officers as backup. 5 adult men can handle 1 adult man handcuffed. The problem here is bad officers often escalate situations without properly thinking. Its happening more often, and getting caught more often.

quad decade guy

You're missing the point here. There is no reason to hold someone down by the neck for an extended period of time. He had backup, 4 other cops there. He had the suspect in restraints. He had a cruiser and able to stick the suspect into it. The officer had everything he needed to remain safe and do the job properly.

If the officer was alone, this is a different story.

What occurred doesn't matter. Mr Floyd was completely restrained with multiple officers as backup. 5 adult men can handle 1 adult man handcuffed. The problem here is bad officers often escalate situations without properly thinking. Its happening more often, and getting caught more often.

It does. I agree to some of what you say. Lot's of it is opinion and conjecture filled with what ifs. Which means exactly...nothing. I'll use the analogy again(sigh), imagine a room full of you's at your Panel Hearing. And perhaps(let's conjecture and speculate) that you defended yourself from say a customer and he got hurt/died whatever although he was in a drunken rage/high etc. But then all that extraneous stuff before didn't matter? Oh, and he was in poor health.