IF you could be a FedEx Driver for one day

oldngray

nowhere special
You would at least be treated like a human being.
Are-you-sure.jpg

mcsketcher

You would at least be treated like a human being.
Nope.

I came from Express and knew ground peeps. 1 ground guy told me his daily schedule(12 hrs) and then said he gets $150 per day. Regardless of volume. Regardless of anything.

Express is better cuz you at least get hourly pay, so OT, but they push the DOT limits every single day to not hire loaders or sorters. All you can do is quit, cuz no union. And, there is zero pay progression. I was stuck at $20/hr for 2 years and would have been indefinitely besides fake, based on inflation, raises we got some years.

The one positive was that you loaded and sorted your own stuff so your delivery day went smoother.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nope.

I came from Express and knew ground peeps. 1 ground guy told me his daily schedule(12 hrs) and then said he gets $150 per day. Regardless of volume. Regardless of anything.

Express is better cuz you at least get hourly pay, so OT, but they push the DOT limits every single day to not hire loaders or sorters. All you can do is quit, cuz no union. And, there is zero pay progression. I was stuck at $20/hr for 2 years and would have been indefinitely besides fake, based on inflation, raises we got some years.

The one positive was that you loaded and sorted your own stuff so your delivery day went smoother.
I was talking about Express and I meant in comparison to how UPS treats people.