I'm not hearing much about global warming now days.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree with all of that. Nothing is going to blow up, and I'm for all business activity.

I just think that for example, if we pull hydrocarbons out of the ground and burn them, part of the cost of doing that should be to recapture it and dispose of it into the ground, not toss it into the air.

If we do that, then by all means, burn all you want. But it's foolish to think we're not having an effect on climate.

Under the fossil fuel theory all that carbon was in the atmosphere at one point anyway. Sequestering carbon decreases the energy effeciency of burning hydrocarbons by 50 to 75%. With some of the methods being considered, failures of the sequestering system could be lethal to anything living nearby. I personally like the approach of recycling carbon out of the atmosphere into new, usable, hydrocarbons. If this technology could replace pulling hydrocarbons out of the ground, we could reach an equilibrium in carbon emissions and stabilize carbondioxide concentration in the atmosphere.

Proven one-step process to convert CO2 and water directly into liquid hydrocarbon fuel

This system solves the renewable energy storage issue, and allows us to maintain our current energy infrastructure. I like win/win solutions.

floridays

Under the fossil fuel theory all that carbon was in the atmosphere at one point anyway. Sequestering carbon decreases the energy effeciency of burning hydrocarbons by 50 to 75%. With some of the methods being considered, failures of the sequestering system could be lethal to anything living nearby. I personally like the approach of recycling carbon out of the atmosphere into new, usable, hydrocarbons. If this technology could replace pulling hydrocarbons out of the ground, we could reach an equilibrium in carbon emissions and stabilize carbondioxide concentration in the atmosphere.

Proven one-step process to convert CO2 and water directly into liquid hydrocarbon fuel

This system solves the renewable energy storage issue, and allows us to maintain our current energy infrastructure. I like win/win solutions.
My question is not an attempt to be rude, do you have any formal advanced knowledge on this subject? I ask because you seen concerned but not agenda driven.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My question is not an attempt to be rude, do you have any formal advanced knowledge on this subject? I ask because you seen concerned but not agenda driven.

That may be the highest praise I could receive. I try to take that approach to any issue I take an interest in. I did receive formal education on carbon cycles in college biology and chemistry courses. But energy-efficiency and self-sufficiency have been personal pursuits of mine. The subjects are quite broad, and I have invested a lot of time and effort researching any subject related to them.

It's been a challenge to share my thoughts and opinions on the global warming/climate change while keeping posts short enough to be appropriate for a forum. Don't know how many posts I've written, then deleted before posting.

In a nutshell I agree with this sentiment from @It will be fine :
This brings me back to what's the harm in acting under the understanding that's it's happening? Conserve energy, drive an efficient car, insulate your house, consume a plant based diet, support renewable energy production, etc. The worst case is you've made the world a little better for nothing.

The main difference is that I'm likely approaching it from the opposite side of the argument. I disagree with some of it, but it's close enough.

floridays

That may be the highest praise I could receive. I try to take that approach to any issue I take an interest in. I did receive formal education on carbon cycles in college biology and chemistry courses. But energy-efficiency and self-sufficiency have been personal pursuits of mine. The subjects are quite broad, and I have invested a lot of time and effort researching any subject related to them.

It's been a challenge to share my thoughts and opinions on the global warming/climate change while keeping posts short enough to be appropriate for a forum. Don't know how many posts I've written, then deleted before posting.

In a nutshell I agree with this sentiment from @It will be fine :

The main difference is that I'm likely approaching it from the opposite side of the argument. I disagree with some of it, but it's close enough.
I'm glad it was praise to you, it was the honest truth from me.
I agree with some and disagree in part as you do. I look for truth not agendas. If i'm not smart enough in a certain field, I can generally find a counterfeit by what is required, needed, or the means of doing something. You seem to have no agenda and education beyond talking points. Thanks Man

vantexan

So you will except research done by legitimate concerns regarding marijauna usage slowing brain development in young adults but not the same type of research showing we as humans just might be contributing to climate change?
Kind of hypocritical?
I've repeatedly said we probably are causing damage. What I don't trust is how climate change is being used to advance a political ideology. Seems for some it's more about the ideology than actually worrying about the climate.

vantexan

So you will except research done by legitimate concerns regarding marijauna usage slowing brain development in young adults but not the same type of research showing we as humans just might be contributing to climate change?
Kind of hypocritical?
So you'll believe the climate change research, some of which was falsely manufactured, but won't accept negative marijuana research? Sounds kind of hypocritical.