Immigration

moreluck

golden ticket member
Certain specifications must be met to be granted this work permit.......Sec'y Napolitano can't enforce the laws as they are and now a bunch of new stuff must be checked out......some of it is like you must be under 30, have been here at least 5 years, been brought in before you turned 16 and a bunch of other stuff.

They can't watch the borders now, how are they going to check ot all this stuff......they'll just pass out work permits like candy.

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
Here More, maybe you'll learn something ?
Btw, I did watch that show, and companies like Microsoft, IBM are moving north so they can hire and keep those much needed talented skilled workers.

Immigration " Global Lesson " ! - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where in the world are they going to get the personnel to check and verify all these new regulations??

Must be under 30
Came to U.S. under age of 16
Must have H.S. diploma
etc.

How are they going to check all that stuff???

klein

Für Meno :)
Where in the world are they going to get the personnel to check and verify all these new regulations??

Must be under 30
Came to U.S. under age of 16
Must have H.S. diploma
etc.

How are they going to check all that stuff???

They certainly can't before November !

UPS Lifer

This is all about the election...
BO is trying to change the focus from the economy to immigration. This stinks of politics but what else is new. This new policy doesn't change a thing. The Homeland Security Dept already is treating illegal aliens who are not a threat to public safety this way. They are not deporting folks like this.

HOWEVER, allowing work permits means there are going to be potentially 800,000 fewer jobs for legal citizens. He took a completely different stand on this same exact subject back in September. Also - Marco Rubio must have been getting close to presenting his legislation which I hear is similar. This takes the wind out the Rubio's sails and it weakens him (in some Dems minds) as a potential VP candidate. The Dems are scared of Romney picking Rubio. Right now the Dems are worried and they will be scrappers trying to get every vote they can any way they can irregardless of legality.

rod

Retired 23 years
I don't think I have ever voiced my opinion about BO on the BC but I can't be silent any longer. I have never trusted the guy- didn't vote for him the 1st time- and definately won't vote for him this time. I don't care if you are Mr. Perfect - if you are in this country illegaly -- get out. If I snuck into your country and got caught I would be thrown in jail or at the very least given a one way ride to the border. BO needs to go.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think I have ever voiced my opinion about BO on the BC but I can't be silent any longer. I have never trusted the guy- didn't vote for him the 1st time- and definately won't vote for him this time. I don't care if you are Mr. Perfect - if you are in this country illegaly -- get out. If I snuck into your country and got caught I would be thrown in jail or at the very least given a one way ride to the border. BO needs to go.
Just out of curiosity, do you normally trust politicians?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lifer, I understand your point on the impact to those who are currently unemployed, but the majority of the jobs these immigrants will fill are jobs that most Americans think are "beneath" them. Besides, if I can get paid to sit home on my ass why in the world would I bust my ass for 10-12 hours a day working in the fields?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Lifer, I understand your point on the impact to those who are currently unemployed, but the majority of the jobs these immigrants will fill are jobs that most Americans think are "beneath" them. Besides, if I am get paid to sit home on my ass why in the world would I bust my ass for 10-12 hours a day working in the fields?

And that is why I am a contractor!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And that is why I am a contractor!

My point is until such time as the states decide to make those receiving unemployment benefits actually (gulp) work for their handouts it would make llttle sense for these people to work.

My brother lives in CT. They have a program in place to help those who have their hours cut through no fault of their own. They make up the difference between what they had been earning and what they are currently earning. This way they continue to work and their impact on the unemploymnt system is minimal.

I deliver to our local welfare office and see so many able bodied people who have figured out how to work the system rather than work at an actual job.

over9five

Staff member
I think the point shouldn't be how many jobs these illegals are going to steal from Americans.

The point should be that Obama IS NOT KING! It is not his job to make laws like this, it is CONGRESS's job.

Once again, it is time to throw the bum out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think the point shouldn't be how many jobs these illegals are going to steal from Americans.

The point should be that Obama IS NOT KING! It is not his job to make laws like this, it is CONGRESS's job.

Once again, it is time to throw the bum out.

We are not talking about illegals who have yet to cross the border---we are talking about those who are here, have established a life here and have behaved themselves while they have been here.

800K is a lot of votes....

over9five

Staff member
We are not talking about illegals who have yet to cross the border---we are talking about those who are here, have established a life here and have behaved themselves while they have been here.

I know.
Do you think the President should be doing this all by himself, or is it Congress's job/responsibility.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Unless there's a new decree by the king before election day, voting is not part of this package. And remember, that's 800K jobs that won't go to Americans like your kids.

Ask yourself how would you feel if you were a legal immigrant and your kid was edged out of a job by a non-citizen. Would you give your vote to Obama. I would be pissed and I wouldn't vote for him.
Maybe the Latino vote isn't guaranteed by this stunt of his.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know.
Do you think the President should be doing this all by himself, or is it Congress's job/responsibility.

It is definitely Congress' job but they have been in lame duck session for nearly 4 years so I don't blame Obama for taking action on his own.

The 800K jobs in question are jobs that most Americans won't do and that need to be done.

My suggestion is to make those on welfare work for their handouts but what do I know.