Immigration

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Mexican cartel-style 'express kidnappings' now happening in North Carolina[/h]
On Wednesday, Jorge Rentas, Alejandro Zambrano, Gema Yadaria Zambrano and Orlando Zambrano were all arraigned in a Newton courtroom. All four have been charged with kidnapping.
The defendants reportedly abducted Alfonso M outside a Lowe's store in Hickory.
M had gone to buy curtains for their home.
About an hour after leaving she started getting phone calls demanding a $200,000 ransom for his safe return.
"Twelve o'clock was what they said was it or they would kill him. This is bad, this is bad. They want us to come through with some money now or we are not going to make it," she said.
"We believe he was specifically targeted because he had access to money and that he could get money for his release," said Capt. Reed Baer with Hickory police.
According to a search warrant, police traced the phone calls to a mobile home in southeast Hickory where they made the arrest after finding M restrained. Inside they recovered several guns, rope, and a roll of duct tape.

At least three of the suspects are in the country illegally, according to police.

moreluck

golden ticket member
i78sa0.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Under Herbert Hoover’s presidency during the Great Depression, local governments ordered the deportation of illegal aliens to make jobs available to American 
citizens that desperately needed work.
Harry Truman introduced legislation in 1951 to reduce the illegal immigration problem.

And then in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported approximately 1.3 million Mexican nationals due to the growing threat to national security and the American economy.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Not all agree:
Critics Doubt Immigration Overhaul Would Cost Trillions - ABC News
The report comes as the Senate prepares to review and amend a comprehensive immigration bill this week.
But it has come under fire from some conservatives, including “Gang of 8″ member Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., who panned today’s Heritage release.
“Here we go again. New Heritage study claims huge cost for Immigration Reform. Ignores economic benefits. No dynamic scoring,” Flake wrote on Twitter.
Other conservatives, including Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform and the Cato Institute, last month preemptively discounted the report’s findings.
“Robert Rector’s work does not speak for the conservative movement; in fact, it does not even speak for the Heritage Foundation,” Norquist wrote in a letter to House and Senate immigration staff in April.
Alex Nowrasteh, a fellow at the libertarian Cato Institute, cautioned in a post in April that the 2007 report was riddled with errors that Heritage would be wise to address in its update. Nowrasteh cited several methodological choices that he said overstates the net cost of legalization.
“That 2007 report’s flawed methodology produced a grossly exaggerated cost to federal taxpayers of legalizing unauthorized immigrants while undercounting or discounting their positive tax and economic contributions – greatly affecting the 2007 immigration reform debate,” Nowrasteh wrote.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Immigrants told they can only get housing and healthcare if they have paid taxes into Britain's welfare system[/h]Immigrants to Britain will not be able to claim benefits without proving they have contributed to the welfare state by working, under plans to be set out by the government.Benefits, housing and healthcare will be limited to new arrivals who are willing to work and paid taxes to fund state-backed support.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]ICE ‘can’t deal’ with the 4.5 million visa overstays already in the US[/h]
ICE has only about 5,000 officers dedicated to enforcing immigration laws nationally, compared to the 10,000 officers that make up the Los Angeles Police Department
“We have nearly four and a half million visa overstayers in our country,” Crane said. “Five thousand officers and agents can’t deal with those kinds of numbers. … [It's] politics, politics politics over public safety.”

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Baba, Very interesting. Now you want to emulate British health & welfare programs and grow the US government by hiring more federal employees.

What are you for? Hard to tell with the contradictory statements you regurgitate. One minute the British system is a wreck and our government is too big, next, just the opposite. Perhaps you are just not that deep a thinker and get easily confused.

Upsmule

Without having read this entire thread....my 2 cents on immigration -

It's our own fault for having porous borders and not enforcing our own laws. For the millions of illegals already here working tax free, let them line up with clear and free amnesty for social security cards right now! Under the condition that...they report to the IRS who's been employing and paying them under the table....then let them line up on April 15th like the rest of us.

There's your "fair share" El Presidente' Barry.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Does this mean they'll have insurance too ??

I can’t wait to sneak into Mexico to get a driver’s license… what do you mean they won’t give me one?

Via Roll Call:
With the Senate preparing to begin formal debate on a massive bill to overhaul the nation’s immigration system, the nation’s capital is pursuing immigration legislation of its own.
Last week, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray announced his intent to push legislation that would allow undocumented immigrants to apply for and receive driver’s licenses.

“This legislation puts us in the vanguard of a national movement to help not only immigrant communities but also our entire community by making our city a safer and more just place,” Gray said in his weekly radio address on May 5.

D.C. would join five states — Utah, Washington, New Mexico, Illinois and D.C.’s neighbor, Maryland — that have already adopted laws to give individuals driving privileges even if they cannot prove their legal residency.

Upsmule

Of course! It also means - when we're all sitting in any given ER in the country for 4-5 or 6 hours when your son or daughter needs stitches from that tumble on their bicycle or the cast for the broken arm or ankle from soccer practice....they will finally have a right to be there rather than bilking the system and sucking this countries resources dry. You know...just like the people we send to DC.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Baba, Very interesting. Now you want to emulate British health & welfare programs and grow the US government by hiring more federal employees.

What are you for? Hard to tell with the contradictory statements you regurgitate. One minute the British system is a wreck and our government is too big, next, just the opposite. Perhaps you are just not that deep a thinker and get easily confused.

The British story is an attempt to put a halt to welfare fraud.
Something bhos administration has always been against .
I would like to see some of our old immigration laws put back into place , oh say like the one about needing a sponsor who would sign off that the newly arrived would not be seeking any welfare funds , that they be required every six months to visit their local police to verify that they still have a good standing in the community .

The other story is about the lack of this administration's ability to govern.

UPS Lifer

I agree with you wkmac.
Given the amount of debt CA. has , let Mexico deal with it .

I am going to cross the international border into Cali next week.... I won't forget to bring my passport! The last time I crossed into Jerry Brown's sandbox the border patrol actually stopped the traffic and interviewed every car. They asked where I was coming from and where I was born. We never did find out who or what they were looking for.

I value my family, friends and associates who still live in CA. You don't realize what you are living in until you are gone for good. Low taxes - less traffic - more relaxed living style.....Yeah! More relaxed than CA!! and in Northern Arizona... a much safer and healthier place to live.

Let's face it, as a "tourist", I wouldn't mind going to see other communist countries like Russia and China...so why not visit California too? After all, it is good to re-affirm that appreciation for what you have when you get back to the USA!

klein

Für Meno :)
Australian Prime Minister does it again!! This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard- Australia:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .... Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.' 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in UK , SA, Canada & USA, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know.