Is anyone following Wisconsin?

bbsam

Staff member
U saying Government workers add to the GDP???

They would have to. GDP must hinge on both the supply and demand. Even if government only consumed and did nothing to further economic growth consumption itself would factor into GDP and at a significant level, would it not?

1timepu

Obama tried spending and it got nowhere didn't help prob hurt the economy, Germany tried and Japan tried ask them how it came out, Japan lost a whole decade."the Lost Decade".

This is what I said, some countries treid spending to get out of recession, where did i say anything about Germany's tax or health care?

1timepu

They would have to. GDP must hinge on both the supply and demand. Even if government only consumed and did nothing to further economic growth consumption itself would factor into GDP and at a significant level, would it not?

Right the dont add to it they r an negative to the GDP like I said

bbsam

Staff member
All it takes is for one generation to say we don't want it and after us get rid off it not screwing the people above em
Our generation will not vote in numbers great enough for any politician to disregard the voting block that is the Baby Boom generation

rod

Retired 23 years
according to the latest stats----very few people of any generation vote on anything anymore------------------but all most 100% of them bitch about how things are run.

bbsam

Staff member
Right the dont add to it they r an negative to the GDP like I said

Wrong. When government orders a firetruck, ambulance, bridge building, etc, the companies and contractors performing the construction and maintenance of such high dollar costs contribute to the GDP.

1timepu

Wrong. When government orders a firetruck, ambulance, bridge building, etc, the companies and contractors performing the construction and maintenance of such high dollar costs contribute to the GDP.

I said Layoff's, employee's deduct from the GDP, believe me the Government is a big Minus to the GDP

bbsam

Staff member
I am not saying that, I said the Government is a big minus on the GDP, You don,t agree

And I'm trying to see how you say that. If government is the biggest player in the economy's goods and services, whether providing or purchasing, how then can they be a "big minus".

1timepu

That's not what I've witnessed at the polls. Do you think they'd show up is scrapping Medicare was on the ballot?

Well if we get somebody like Ron Paul in office I would say it would have a good chance, Ron Paul won the straw poll at cpac