Is anyone following Wisconsin?

Jim Kemp

"OK,,, please explain how raising taxes on those "rich" is going to fix our economy? Basically what you are doing is bringing money to the government and short term, things will see well. How exactly does raising taxes work long term? And what percentage is OK to take from the "rich"?"

On the other hand if cutting taxes is so good for the economy why did it do so bad during George Bush's time in office. He cut taxes several times and it continued to tank. He had a net loss of jobs for his entire 8 years.
Also the stock market had very modest change for the 8 years. My 401k has increased about 30% in the last 2 years. It had almost no gain for G.W.B's term.
I am by no means an economist I am just calling it like I see it, not how someone else tells me it is.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok,,, please explain how raising taxes on those "rich" is going to fix our economy? Basically what you are doing is bringing money to the government and short term, things will see well. How exactly does raising taxes work long term? And what percentage is ok to take from the "rich"?

So the only way to fix the economy is to cut taxes? That's it? Never anything else? Oh and regulation too? Let the Oligarchy handle the economy? All taxes are bad?

1timepu

Obama tried spending and it got nowhere didn't help prob hurt the economy, Germany tried and Japan tried ask them how it came out, Japan lost a whole decade."the Lost Decade".

bbsam

Staff member
Obama tried spending and it got nowhere didn't help prob hurt the economy, Germany tried and Japan tried ask them how it came out, Japan lost a whole decade."the Lost Decade".

So you are advocating for Germany's level of taxation? Really. Hmmmm.

1timepu

So the only way to fix the economy is to cut taxes? That's it? Never anything else? Oh and regulation too? Let the Oligarchy handle the economy? All taxes are bad?

Well right now the Fed should be raising the interest rate, cut taxes, reduce regulation,Layoff Government workers( they produce nothing for GDP, in fact they deduct from the GDP) cut Government spending by 1/3rd savings put towards debt.

bbsam

Staff member
Well right now the Fed should be raising the interest rate, cut taxes, reduce regulation,Layoff Government workers( they produce nothing for GDP, in fact they deduct from the GDP) cut Government spending by 1/3rd savings put towards debt.

Well that's not how Germany did it, is it?

bbsam

Staff member
Did Germany break the unions? Layoff government workers? cut government spending by 1/3? Is this what economics 101 has taught you so far?

1timepu

The Repubs didnt shut down the government because they couldn't! They did try to stop government from working starting jan 2009 through Nov 2010 with a record number of filibusters. And Health Care Reform was not rammed through congress. It was debated from April 2009 til Dec 2009. The Repubs had their chances of adding to the bills and they added nothing.
Obama did not "overreach". He ran on Health Care Reform and he delivered. When it is fully implemented by 2014, then we will see how popular it is. Reforming health care is not overreaching. Trying to destroy unions is! But then again you sound like management, so you probabaly agree with that.

Dude socialized heath care has not worked anywhere, Nancy Pelosi and the Dem's rammed Obama care down our throat's, They never asked for the Republican's for anything they did it behind closed door's. http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2009/08/why-democrats-may-jam-through-health-care-plan bs they debated it!!

1timepu

Did Germany break the unions? Layoff government workers? cut government spending by 1/3? Is this what economics 101 has taught you so far?

Where did I say break Union's? What Socialized country ever lay's off government worker's? Cut spending yes.

bbsam

Staff member
Did Germany get rid of their social medicine program? Medicaid and Medicare are socialized health care that most people don't want touched.

bbsam

Staff member
Where did I say break Union's? What Socialized country ever lay's off government worker's? Cut spending yes.

You suggested Germany and Japan as countries that have done well to come out of a recession. I am asking you what about those economies are applicable to the US economy.

1timepu

Did Germany get rid of their social medicine program? Medicaid and Medicare are socialized health care that most people don't want touched.

Wrong, my generation want's it scrubbed, what socialized country has gotten rid of their socialized medicine, although Canada is starting

bbsam

Staff member

right here.

1timepu

You suggested Germany and Japan as countries that have done well to come out of a recession. I am asking you what about those economies are applicable to the US economy.

Where I said spending them got them no where that was my reference to them

bbsam

Staff member
Wrong, my generation want's it scrubbed, what socialized country has gotten rid of their socialized medicine, although Canada is starting
Yes, but our generation does not vote in enough numbers to get it done. And the word I used is "most" not "all".

1timepu

Yes, but our generation does not vote in enough numbers to get it done. And the word I used is "most" not "all".

All it takes is for one generation to say we don't want it and after us get rid off it not screwing the people above em