It’s coming...

floridays

What is the difference in meaning between "If I could retire anytime, I would have retired yesterday. Full stop" and "If I could retire anytime, I would have retired yesterday"?
Now that is a good question.
Here's my question to you:

What is the relevance, full stop?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If the Indy hub is running two sorts. Tell me how that doesn’t affect every station in the Midwest. If Memphis runs the same type of operation. Tell me how that doesn’t affect every station in the country.
Because station XYZA, which isn't going to have 2 sorts, will have all of their freight sorted during the Memphis/Indy/whatever PO sorts and flown to its ramp with the PO freight.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I see. You have no regard for what employees might think.
Compared to what the people who are paying to have things shipped think, no. What any employees -me included- think doesn't matter. What matters is that Ground is performing well.

floridays

Compared to what the people who are paying to have things shipped think, no. What any employees -me included- think doesn't matter. What matters is that Ground is performing well.
I said I took it out of context, you know where I was going.
Answer to the P-S-P portion if your going to answer.
Let's play no games.

fedex_rtd

When you work at Express, you start at close to $18 and top out at close to $30. Full benefits. Pt or Ft, and drive a little better Sprinters. Which do you think is better?
News flash buckwheat...topping out is a 20+ year evolution at Express now...only the dumb or lazy will stick around.

AB831

Newsflash Darla. How long do you think working at Amazon will require before topping out.
No one goes to Amazon for a career. The same way that no one is going to FedEx for one anymore. It sounds like Fat Freddy used to provide a decent career for his workers. However, that is no longer the case for new hires, so once he drives out all of the old timers who made him his vast fortune, you will see a much closer resemblance between FedEx and Amazon in terms of compensation and turnover.

AB831

News flash buckwheat...topping out is a 20+ year evolution at Express now...only the dumb or lazy will stick around.
When I was hired in 2016, I was told that we had a ten year progression system for topping out. They have reneged on that two of the four years, so off I go to do something else. I doubt I'll be the only one who doesn't fall for Fat Freddy's deceit.

falcon back

No one goes to Amazon for a career. The same way that no one is going to FedEx for one anymore. It sounds like Fat Freddy used to provide a decent career for his workers. However, that is no longer the case for new hires, so once he drives out all of the old timers who made him his vast fortune, you will see a much closer resemblance between FedEx and Amazon in terms of compensation and turnover.
You were the one that brought up Amazon. I said Amazon and Fdx was apples and oranges and you said they were the same job. I imagine you will deny any mention of Amazon

AB831

You were the one that brought up Amazon. I said Amazon and Fdx was apples and oranges and you said they were the same job. I imagine you will deny any mention of Amazon
They’re the exact same job. One delivers packages for Fat Freddy, the other for Bezos.

btrlov

They’re the exact same job. One delivers packages for Fat Freddy, the other for Bezos.
have u thought off being an amazon partner? They haven taking applications to invest in an amazon partnership... it would make sense for them to take former fedex and UPS employees, especially if they have any leadership/military or business experience

falcon back

have u thought off being an amazon partner? They haven taking applications to invest in an amazon partnership... it would make sense for them to take former fedex and UPS employees, especially if they have any leadership/military or business experience
This guy has zero business experience and no common sense. He doesnt need to own any type of business

Amazon terminated a large number of contracts with contractors recently. Good way for a contractor to lose his money.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You mean be a bald man for Amazon? You know, hair today, gone tomorrow!

bacha29

One has ZERO benefits and the other does. Which is better?
I wouldn't be too sure about that. When the Amazon version of FXG was announced one of the requirements was that an Amazon contractor had to provide his employees with a benefit plan. That requirement may have been dropped during the time since as well as the fact that the term "benefits" could be anything from a top notch healthcare and pension plan to getting the day off to attend your own funeral.