It’s coming...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If it's so great why are they always begging for box ox? It's not all growth and volume related.

Obviously you've been to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy recently. This "you should feel honored to work for Fedex because you're nothing and are incapable of being something better" propaganda you spew is obviously a product of the brain washing you undergo when you're at the academy.
Hi, old broken down box monkey. It appears that you can't accept that Ground keeps growing and growing beyond your ability to grow with it.

falcon back

If it does come down to most FT couriers barely getting more than 35 hrs a week most likely turnover is going to spike again. They've strung so many couriers along at lower pay for years that the only thing that made the job ok was getting OT. Many are fine working little OT if they're topped out but couriers who spent many years making less than $18hr really count on getting at least 5-10 hours of OT, which FedEx is clearly trying to eliminate. Will probably accelerate retirements too. Looks like a calculation has been made at corporate level that they can make this work. They've been wrong before.
No matter what steps have been taken to eliminate OT, the hrs have usually been there if you want them

59 Dano

How about all of this two sort business. You think that's to keep the old timers happy and content? I don't think so. I know you've been brainwashed by his academy, but even you should be able to admit the winds of change are blowing, and they aren't blowing in the favor of those who have been with the company for decades.
Can't quiiiiiiite put my finger on where I've heard this "eliminate the higher paid couriers" song and dance before. Seems that it was the reasoning behind everything.

The 2 sort business is about eliminating flights and flight expenses. Knowing the reasoning behind it might come in handy.

59 Dano

Don’t forget the out right lie of “industry leading pay and benefits”.
I never heard anyone at FedEx say that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I heard MF babble on and on about it so much I figured it was something he heard once and then went on to repeat as if it was the company's official stance.

Gone fishin

Which do you think is more indicative of the public's concern, the couple of complaints you hear or the ongoing increase in volume?
Few ? Everyday from every courier. Today’s was why is my ground guy leaving medical supplies (vaccines) outside the door. The other one today was , I was on my porch when the ground guy slowed down and threw my package like a paper. It ended up in the gutter from the wind and it was his paperwork for his heart surgery. He called in on him.
Just today’s !

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I never heard anyone at FedEx say that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I heard MF babble on and on about it so much I figured it was something he heard once and then went on to repeat as if it was the company's official stance.
I’ve only seen it in press releases from FedEx executives when they were bragging about how great FedEx is to work for.

bacha29

Hi, old broken down box monkey. It appears that you can't accept that Ground keeps growing and growing beyond your ability to grow with it.
Oh I could have grown with it but it required more from the people I would have to depend on than what the money your company would give me to enable me to pay them fairly. The net result? A never ending procession of guys on and off those routes. Which in turn explains why today you have contractors flying around like Buzzy The Hummingbird desperate to find drivers because my sources are telling me that management will have zero tolerance for boxes piling up in terminals again this peak because they couldn't find people willing to kill themselves out there for scraps and peanuts.

It's going to be "put out or get out" and a make or break year for contractors who can't keep up.

So who in the hell wants to do that when there's comparable money to be made elsewhere with far less risk and far fewer headaches.

vantexan

No matter what steps have been taken to eliminate OT, the hrs have usually been there if you want them
Have you ever seen them make such a massive reorganization to increase profit? If freight is given to Ground, and FTer's are started later but still have to be back for reload, then where are hours coming from? There will be some opportunities like Mother's Day and of course Peak. Early people calling in sick too. But overall looks like the push is on to eliminate OT. FedEx gave more in a new pay plan, then will take much of it back.

vantexan

Oh I could have grown with it but it required more from the people I would have to depend on than what the money your company would give me to enable me to pay them fairly. The net result? A never ending procession of guys on and off those routes. Which in turn explains why today you have contractors flying around like Buzzy The Hummingbird desperate to find drivers because my sources are telling me that management will have zero tolerance for boxes piling up in terminals again this peak because they couldn't find people willing to kill themselves out there for scraps and peanuts.

It's going to be "put out or get out" and a make or break year for contractors who can't keep up.

So who in the hell wants to do that when there's comparable money to be made elsewhere with far less risk and far fewer headaches.
Ever since you came on here it's been obvious you've got an axe to grind. Axe ought to be a nub by now.

NC man

Few more yrs and fed is gonna be hurting, we can’t hire decent people now for most part and many will be retiring ,me included.pt workers don’t care ,call out all the time plus measly raises and benefits that get worse each yr.

bacha29

Gives him a reason to wake up each day. Without misery, his life would be meaningless
Yes, it does gives me pleasure to see you suffer in such agony resulting from seeing the myth of fedex being pulled down and pulled apart right in front of your eyes. . Sort of like what the British did to William Wallace in Braveheart.