Jobs

moreluck

golden ticket member
227,000 jobs in Feb. and not one is construction !! What story does that tell?

"There are 12.8 million people listed as unemployed.
Statistics show the percentage of adults employed is 58.5 percent and that number has not moved despite the falling unemployment rate, University of Maryland economics Professor Peter Morici said.
That means the unemployment rate has dropped for the past two years mostly because of people falling out of the statistics pool, not because of people finding jobs, Morici said."

Read more: 227,000 new jobs but rate stays at 8.3 pct - UPI.com

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
227,000 jobs in Feb. and not one is construction !! What story does that tell?

"There are 12.8 million people listed as unemployed.
Statistics show the percentage of adults employed is 58.5 percent and that number has not moved despite the falling unemployment rate, University of Maryland economics Professor Peter Morici said.
That means the unemployment rate has dropped for the past two years mostly because of people falling out of the statistics pool, not because of people finding jobs, Morici said."

Read more: 227,000 new jobs but rate stays at 8.3 pct - UPI.com

Its amazing how silly people can be with numbers. FYI, every year NEW workers enter the job market in the millions, its the pace of the job creation that has to keep up with these new workers and NOT old workers standing around doing nothing.

How do you let yourself get played so hard??

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Its amazing how silly people can be with numbers. FYI, every year NEW workers enter the job market in the millions, its the pace of the job creation that has to keep up with these new workers and NOT old workers standing around doing nothing.

How do you let yourself get played so hard??

Peace

TOS
There wer no construction jobs created in the month of Feb !! That's the facts. How's that housing boom going???

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There wer no construction jobs created in the month of Feb !! That's the facts. How's that housing boom going???

Housing boom? You want a housing boom? As if there werent already millions and millions of unsold homes in this country and you want a housing boom?

There will NOT be any housing booms for a long time in this country. Thats why the other sectors are doing so well. Either way, jobs are still being created in our manufacturing sector after the horendous reductions during the bush years.

Thats the bright spot in our future. We need manufacturing to come back, not homes.

All you do is pick one sector that is showing a decline and then cheer for it to get worse.

A true american at heart.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Construction jobs are not limited to housing.

I didn't say they were.......... Construction jobs are not limited to Nevada either. Construction jobs are not limited to stores either. Construction jobs are not limited to malls either.

My statement was there were no const. jobs in Feb. So, if you disagree, show me the construction jobs in February. You can't. Wanna know why? Because there weren't any like I said.
Where were they? Huh?

You don't have a new housing boom without construction....and someone else mentioned that housing was doing just fine. You want to mince words?

Put your bullet away, Barney!

klein

Für Meno :)
As far as I know, Moreluck, you do have northern States , still covered in snow.
Construction has always been seasonal here (kind hard to pave a road when it's still full of ice and snow, you know ) ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
As far as I know, Moreluck, you do have northern States , still covered in snow.
Construction has always been seasoanl here (kind hard to pave a road when it's still full of ice and snow, you know ) ?
There were no new construction jobs in February...........................................in any climate in America. Am I not clear?

klein

Für Meno :)
That's why it 1 or 2 months time, the construction business starts to boom. * But numbers will be up as 1 of the largest employemnt factors.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's why it 1 or 2 months time, the construction business starts to boom. * But numbers will be up as 1 of the largest employemnt factors.

* We were told to wait till the end of the 1st quarter for the huge declines, and all she can come up with is one sector affected mostly by weather (winter) and thinks the sky is falling.

Spring is here, watch out, unemployment rate going back under 8% to where BUSH had it before he left a pile of dung on the desk of OBAMA.

Peace

TOS

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not going to be holding my breath for all this unicorns and rainbows.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the unemployment rate going beolow 8% before election time. If it should slip below the 8%, I am sure it will be adjusted upward the very next month. Weird how that keeps happening.

texan

Unemployment steady at 8.3 percent; jobs growth slows

The U.S. economy added in February and the unemployment rate remained at 8.3 percent. Going forward, however, unemployment
isn't likely to fall much.
COLLEGE PARK, Md., March 9 (UPI) -- The U.S. economy added 227,000 jobs in February, down from 284,000 in January, and the
unemployment rate remained at 8.3 percent. Going forward unemployment isn't likely to fall much further and may rise again.

Read more: Outside View: Unemployment steady at 8.3 percent; jobs growth slows - UPI.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
just wait..............the seasonal adjustments can't go on forever.

Have you noticed that each month, all the jobs figures are revised upwards (worse) a month later? Nobody 'trumpets' the adjustments, so the people think it's all ok.