Jobs

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But tos everything you post is adjusted to fit your narative of thoughts .
So why are you commenting on texan's posts ?
Did he strike a nerve ?

klein

Für Meno :)
But tos everything you post is adjusted to fit your narative of thoughts .
So why are you commenting on texan's posts ?
Did he strike a nerve ?

No, this is a real stupid thread, because month by month more jobs are created than lost ! What's the point ?

texan

No, this is a real stupid thread, because month by month more jobs are created than lost ! What's the point ?
Would you, TOS, and UpstateNYUPSer be so kind then to post the created jobs in America over the last year
and especially since the recent US Nov election?

I await. Let us see if you three naysayers are able.

I do not cheer on the demise of the US, but post news wire posts about jobs.

Most wire stories about jobs are not good news.

Perhaps you three can counter with jobs created instead of the typical personal attacks
and nitpickings against the poster.

Also have I ever called you UpstateNYUPSer Nancy, or really ever posted anything negative
about you? Yet you seem to find happiness to snipe on me on occasions.
I feel so sorry for you that you must do this Dave. Such a shame that you feel compelled to do this.

Shalom
texan

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you feel compelled to Google and then post each and every negative story about the job picture? We get it---companies are laying off workers---do you really have to list each and every company that has laid off or will be laying off workers in the near future?

I snipe at you because you have so much more to offer this forum than Googled stories of job losses, photos or historical events of the day. You have so much more to offer than simply copy and pasting the thoughts of others. On the few occasions that you have actually posted your thoughts I have been quite impressed with what I have read. You need to do more of that.

Anyone can Google. I could Google "job losses" or "on this day" or "photo of the day" all on my own. That is not why I come to this forum. I come here to read the original thoughts of those with whom I share a common interest. I do not come here to be ridiculed and ignore those who persist in doing so.

Ditch the Google and post what you think and what you feel---that is what we want to hear from you. Dave.

texan

Why do you feel compelled to Google and then post each and every negative story about the job picture? We get it---companies are laying off workers---do you really have to list each and every company that has laid off or will be laying off workers in the near future?

I snipe at you because you have so much more to offer this forum than Googled stories of job losses, photos or historical events of the day. You have so much more to offer than simply copy and pasting the thoughts of others. On the few occasions that you have actually posted your thoughts I have been quite impressed with what I have read. You need to do more of that.

Anyone can Google. I could Google "job losses" or "on this day" or "photo of the day" all on my own. That is not why I come to this forum. I come here to read the original thoughts of those with whom I share a common interest. I do not come here to be ridiculed and ignore those who persist in doing so.

Ditch the Google and post what you think and what you feel---that is what we want to hear from you. Dave.

So in essence I should reshape myself to fit your standard of posting.

Funny this revelation comes in November / 1 Dec. My Anniversary, one year on the thread.

One year of posting the way I do and I have more rep points that you.

I guess I should ignore the POS reps for how I post or what I post.

Please just put me on ignore, then you will have peace since I seem to irriate you that I do not post
the way you like.

hmmm On This day, Funny Photos, and Photo of the Day are the top 15 most viewed threads in Life
after Brown.

The top three most viewed are by Moreluck.

Again sir, the Ignore feature for texan seems to be the path you might want to persue.

texan

https://web.archive.org/web/20121001133744/http://www.naceweb.org/s09262012/job-outlook-2013/

Just to prove Upstate's point, I Bing'd "new job outlook for 2013" and this is what showed up. If you insist on searching for the negative, you will unerringly find it. Time to get over the melancholia. Remember that before the election Bloomberg had an article saying that no matter who won the election, an economic boom was on the horizon.

OK let us see then how this pans out for the next year.

I have marked this in my Outlook Calendar for 1 Dec 2013.

Meanwhile the current trend of new announcements:

AT&T Eliminating 106 Jobs In State, Mostly Landline Technicians
AT&T Eliminating 106 Jobs In State, Mostly Landline Technicians - Courant.com

Cumberland Pharmaceuticals lays off one-third of salesforce 31 jobs
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals lays off one-third of salesforce - Nashville Business Journal

U.S. Steel laying off 142 at McKeesport tubular plant
U.S. Steel laying off 142 at McKeesport tubular plant | TribLIVE

Worldwide Flight Services to lay off 51 workers in Honolulu in January
Worldwide Flight Services to lay off 51 workers in Honolulu in January - Pacific Business News

Austerity plan at San Diego Hospice brings layoffs 180 jobs
Austerity plan at San Diego Hospice brings layoffs

Hanesbrands to lay off 60 workers as company retires sizable part of its corporate debt
Hanesbrands to lay off 60 workers as company retires sizable part of its corporate debt - Winston-Salem Journal: Local

Layoffs set for city employees 12 jobs
Layoffs set for city employees - Steubenville, Wintersville, Toronto, Mingo, Weirton, Jefferson County | News, Sports, Jobs, HeraldStarOnline.com

Orange Twp. To Send 30 Day Notice Of Possible Layoffs 22 jobs
Orange Twp. To Send 30 Day Notice Of Possible Layoffs | NBC 4i

Scentsy lays off 19
Scentsy lays off 19 | Idaho Economy | Idahostatesman.com

Glendale Adventist lays off 21 workers
Glendale Adventist lays off 21 workers - Glendale News Press

Georgia Pacific closing Chattanooga plant, 60 workers laid off
Georgia Pacific closing Chattanooga plant, 60 workers laid off | timesfreepress.com

This is some of the news wires in the last 24 hours since my last post.
The math from above: 644 jobs in the last 24 hours announced.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Stupid?Jobs? Fits!

Where's the proof of that job creation you brag about??? There's temporary seasonal crap now.......the key word is temporary!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Cumberland Pharmaceuticals lays off one-third of salesforce - Nashville Business Journal

Worldwide Flight Services to lay off 51 workers in Honolulu in January - Pacific Business News

Hanesbrands to lay off 60 workers as company retires sizable part of its corporate debt
Hanesbrands to lay off 60 workers as company retires sizable part of its corporate debt - Winston-Salem Journal: Local

Layoffs set for city employees - Steubenville, Wintersville, Toronto, Mingo, Weirton, Jefferson County | News, Sports, Jobs, HeraldStarOnline.com

Scentsy lays off 19

Georgia Pacific closing Chattanooga plant, 60 workers laid off | timesfreepress.com

Texan,

What is it you are trying to prove with these listings? Are you trying to imply these layoffs are somehow OBAMA's Fault? or connected to Obamacare? or connected to the fiscal cliff?

Lets look at three of the stories you posted.

1) US Steel- the company says IMPORTED STEEL is taking away market share and they are cutting production to adjust to the overstock of steel in the USA. ( This is another problem with allowing free trade agreements with countries who bombard our country with goods)

2)Worldwide Flight- the company lost a contract for services and doesnt expect a new contract to be signed.

3) San Diego Hospice- The company had been OVERCHARGING the goverment for medicare services and the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION audited the hospice finding ABUSES and CUT OFF funding. The company ADMITS overstepping the guidelines for medicare billing, changed it practices and the funding was reinstated.

Isnt this what YOU WANT THE GOVERMENT TO DO? The Obama administration is saving YOU money by going after doctors who overcharge the goverment. Would you rather they continued to waste tax payer dollars?

C'mon Texan, dont get sucked in by the B.S. , bro.

There will always be layoffs and closures in the country. Every month, every year. This is nothing new. What you should do, is verify why the layoffs are happening in the first place and then ask yourself if they are legitimate.

The Hospice in San Diego is a classic example. Ripping off the goverment is wrong and its something that needs to stop.

Do some homework, tex. אתה צריך לקרוא את זה

Shalom.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Due to Obamacare , anyone looking for full time employment is wasting their time.
The new working world will consist of everyone working 2-3 part time jobs with no health insurance just to make ends meet.

texan

Texan,

What is it you are trying to prove with these listings? Are you trying to imply these layoffs are somehow OBAMA's Fault? or connected to Obamacare? or connected to the fiscal cliff?

Lets look at three of the stories you posted.

1) US Steel- the company says IMPORTED STEEL is taking away market share and they are cutting production to adjust to the overstock of steel in the USA. ( This is another problem with allowing free trade agreements with countries who bombard our country with goods)

2)Worldwide Flight- the company lost a contract for services and doesnt expect a new contract to be signed.

3) San Diego Hospice- The company had been OVERCHARGING the goverment for medicare services and the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION audited the hospice finding ABUSES and CUT OFF funding. The company ADMITS overstepping the guidelines for medicare billing, changed it practices and the funding was reinstated.

Isnt this what YOU WANT THE GOVERMENT TO DO? The Obama administration is saving YOU money by going after doctors who overcharge the goverment. Would you rather they continued to waste tax payer dollars?

C'mon Texan, dont get sucked in by the B.S. , bro.

There will always be layoffs and closures in the country. Every month, every year. This is nothing new. What you should do, is verify why the layoffs are happening in the first place and then ask yourself if they are legitimate.

The Hospice in San Diego is a classic example. Ripping off the goverment is wrong and its something that needs to stop.

Do some homework, tex. אתה צריך לקרוא את זה

Shalom.

Peace

TOS
You made some good points.

I agree that ripping off the goverment is wrong and needs to be corrected.

Let us monitor the U-6 for the next year and see how it goes.

The government publishes an unemployment rate, called the U-6.

It adds to the official unemployment rate people who became discouraged and quit looking and those marginally
attached to the labor force.

Those working part time when a full-time job is preferred.

The U-6 unemployment rate for October was 14.6 percent.

I do not desire a "told you so" a year from now at the demise of people, my family and
even myself included in this.

I just want to keeps jobs and the economy in the forefront.

Will we improve next year and during the next four years?

I will be watching and share facts.

If it improves I will share that also.

Let us watch the U6 for the next year.

Did 51 per cent of voters make a wise choice?

Shalom
texan

bbsam

Staff member

Scentsy lays off 19

Add it all up and it doesn't move the unemployment needle one bit. Multiply it by 365000 and it's only 235,060. Not really a "sky is falling" scenario. How's that for math?

bbsam

Staff member
The U-6. I still wonder why that number wasn't hammered by republicans during the campaign. Alot stronger than 7.8%.

wkmac

In a classic example of how government blows through your tax dollars, billions have been squandered on a faulty electronic medical records system that operates with no oversight and continues receiving big wads of cash from Uncle Sam.
It gets better; by the time it’s all said and done—in about four more years according to government estimates—American taxpayers will have been fleeced $6.6 billion! It’s all part of the Obama Administration’s hostile takeover of the nation’s healthcare system. The idea behind this plan is to switch medical records from paper to digital to create a centralized system that supposedly improves the quality of health care.

Now where have I heard about this before? Hmmmmmm, let me think..........................AH YES! Now I remember.

Two weeks ago it was reported that a think tank founded by GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich accumulated over $37 million in eight years from major healthcare companies and industry groups. According to The Washington Post, these millions came with special access to the former House speaker, as well as other benefits.
The policy institute, The Center for Health Transformation offered the companies "direct Newt interaction." The biggest funders included companies such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, AstraZeneca and Novo Nordisk, who were able to receive discounts on "products and workshops" from other Gingrich associates, according to promotional materials.
One of the advantages of The Center for Health Transformation was to push for the implementation of electronic medical records, coincidentally one task on the 2009 Obamacare agenda.
"I think having an electronic health record will be less expensive by a big margin than having paper records," Gingrich stated to NPR in 2005. "It's a simple fact that paper kills. I'm in favor of using modern technology to provide better services at lower costs."

Newt Gingrich reportedly collected millions from healthcare industry: Social media reactions

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]ObamaCare's Menu Labeling Regs Hike Costs and Stifle Creativity[/h] [h=2]The American Pizza Community, a coalition of the nation’s largest pizza companies, regional chains, and small franchise operators, is supporting passage of the Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Ace of 2012, a bill to reform the new menu labeling regulations that have been included in ObamaCare. According to President Obama’s own Office of Management and Budget, the menu display requirements of ObamaCare rank as the third most burdensome statutory constraint enacted that year.[/h] For the pizza industry, the new regulations require cumbersome and costly menu boards that must contain calorie information for each variety of whole pizza that is prepared in the restaurant. Ironically, however, customers of many pizza establishments will never even see the elaborate menu boards, which could cost about $5,000 per location, since most generally call in a delivery order without ever stepping foot inside the restaurant. Increased costs for menu boards are likely to be passed on to customers.

The regulations for the menu boards are so detailed that pizza shop owners must comply even with font sizes of lettering used, as dictated by the FDA. New products, changes in prices, or the addition of new pizza toppings would require the purchase of a new menu board. In addition, a proposed new product would have to be shipped to a lab for testing and certification at a cost of about $500.

So many different new jobs could be created; more print materials will be needed ( sorry tree huggers ) , more transportation needed ( sorry clear air people for the added pollution ) , more inks , more printers needed , more wasted foods for the labs to do their sampling work , more Federal Inspectors needed , with all the possible combinations of different sizes , sauces , and toppings the walls of every pizzeria will be covered with the calorie counting posters .