LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm not sure that all that stuff against homosexuals had been added by then ... maybe you should go with four centuries after Jesus's death.

Note: Jesus was not Christ until he reappeared after Jesus's earthly death.
His disciples were not sure until he arose from the tomb and showed himself to the doubters.
WRONG

Note: Also Wrong... Deity can never stop being Deity

vantexan

I'm not sure that all that stuff against homosexuals had been added by then ... maybe you should go with four centuries after Jesus's death.

Note: Jesus was not Christ until he reappeared after Jesus's earthly death.
His disciples were not sure until he arose from the tomb and showed himself to the doubters.
And?

BrownFlush

All that homophobia stuff was not preached by Jesus or Paul.
Other than that ... nuttin Honey! :wink2:
WRONG again.
Paul - Romans 1 , 1 Cor. 6: 11

Jesus - Matt 10, Luke 17 Recounts by referring to the judgement of Sodom and Gomorra , approves
Marriage is between a man and woman -- Matt 19 Mark 10 --inference also to the Garden and God's eternal plan in Marriage

El Correcto

god is dead
Just from your vitriol, I’m guessing you’re a cradle Catholic. Usually the most vehement attacks come from those conflicted between upbringing and lifestyle.

Just remember, God loves you, and wants you reunited with Him in Paradise. If that’s not worth a sacrifice in this life, nothing is.
None of my family is Catholic. Some off branch Protestant type deal, not too sure to be honest.
My mother is an atheist who doesn’t have any appreciation for it and my father doesn’t practice religion but sees a traditional view of it, a back drop for funerals and holidays.

Some of my family(grandparents, aunts/uncles) and friends were fire and brimstone Christians who took me to Sunday school and tried to convert me. The fear mongering didn’t work. I just kept asking Why over and over again like most young kids do and enjoyed the frustration with me.
Religion never sank in, I do enjoy a good exorcism movie though. Y’all make some interesting fiction.

vantexan

Apparently you missed the writing on the subject by Paul. No, Jesus didn't get into it. However he did tell people to sin no more. He didn't say all is relative, sin isn't a big deal, don't worry about it.
All that homophobia stuff was not preached by Jesus or Paul.
Other than that ... nuttin Honey! :wink2:

vantexan

WRONG again.
Paul - Romans 1 , 1 Cor. 6: 11

Jesus - Matt 10, Luke 17 Recounts by referring to the judgement of Sodom and Gomorra , approves
Marriage is between a man and woman -- Matt 19 Mark 10 --inference also to the Garden and God's eternal plan in Marriage
You're better at scripture than I am.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Apparently you missed the writing on the subject by Paul. No, Jesus didn't get into it. However he did tell people to sin no more. He didn't say all is relative, sin isn't a big deal, don't worry about it.
Scholars are in consensus that the ‘writings’ against women and homosexual behavior was added in the later part of the 4th century (As the Church split) after the First Council of Nicaea, in 325 and the scribing of the Constantine Bible.
That’s why all copies of the first Bible were destroyed.

vantexan

Scholars are in consensus that the ‘writings’ against women and homosexual behavior was added in the later part of the 4th century (As the Church split) after the First Council of Nicaea, in 325 and the scribing of the Constantine Bible.
That’s why all copies of the first Bible were destroyed.
Is that why they're still included in all modern translations? In spite of the objections of "scholars?"

El Correcto

god is dead

Create the need they didn’t know they had, salvation and convince them you are the only one that can provide it.

Do a lot of magic tricks to trick stupid pagans who believe in non sense already.

Let your followers know it’s all or nothing, there are no other gods.

Convert the husbands and you get the family as well.

Imagine being unironically a devout Christian, believing every word of the Bible. From creationism to the promised afterlife. So stupid.

El Correcto

god is dead
"No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." Luke 13:3
If I was there I would of told Luke he is full of :censored2:.
I can’t believe you honestly think you’re going to go to the Jew God’s magical afterlife once you die, because of what non sensical things sand people believed thousands of years ago.

BrownFlush

If I was there I would of told Luke he is full of :censored2:.
I can’t believe you honestly think you’re going to go to the Jew God’s magical afterlife once you die, because of what non sensical things sand people believed thousands of years ago.
I can believe this about you today-
"They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity." -- Eph.4: 18-19

El Correcto

god is dead
I can believe this about you today-
"They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity." -- Eph.4: 18-19
20 good goy points to Tommy!
Keep up the good work and the jew god will take pity on you gentile.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is that why they're still included in all modern translations? In spite of the objections of "scholars?"
The Vulgate Bible is the oldest extant Bible and as mentioned before, it is from the late 4th century.
All older versions were collected and destroyed because the Vulgate included contemporaneous writings not included in the First Bible as defined by the Nicene Council and 50 Bibles paid for by Constantine.
These 50 Bibles were ‘lost’ to history whilst the Vulgate was used to translate to the KJV which is the basis for most Bibles in use today.
So to your point, it’s hard to breakaway from over 15 centuries of ingrained heritage and beliefs.