LGBTQ

vantexan

The Vulgate Bible is the oldest extant Bible and as mentioned before, it is from the late 4th century.
All older versions were collected and destroyed because the Vulgate included contemporaneous writings not included in the First Bible as defined by the Nicene Council and 50 Bibles paid for by Constantine.
These 50 Bibles were ‘lost’ to history whilst the Vulgate was used to translate to the KJV which is the basis for most Bibles in use today.
So to your point, it’s hard to breakaway from over 15 centuries of ingrained heritage and beliefs.
You do know that those "books" were letters circulated amongst Christians long before Constantine converted to Christianity?

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm referring to Scots who became Protestants.
1599714823697.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You do know that those "books" were letters circulated amongst Christians long before Constantine converted to Christianity?
Yes and any written copies of those books were ordered (on penalty of excommunication or death) turned-in by "The Church" and consequently burned.
That's a common method of control of scripture used by churches as late as the 1960's.

vantexan

Yes and any written copies of those books were ordered (on penalty of excommunication or death) turned-in by "The Church" and consequently burned.
That's a common method of control of scripture used by churches as late as the 1960's.
Documentation? Sounds to me that people who don't accept certain scripture want to question its validity. We had the KJV for centuries. Where was it being controlled as late as the 1960's?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Documentation? Sounds to me that people who don't accept certain scripture want to question its validity. We had the KJV for centuries. Where was it being controlled as late as the 1960's?
Christian Churches controlled literature by burning Beatles records In big communal bonfires.
Imagine-nation was excommunicated!

Last edited:

vantexan

Christian Churches controlled literature by burning Beatles records In big communal bonfires.
Imagine-nation was excommunicated!
What has that got to do with our discussion? SOME Christians were offended by Lennon saying they were bigger than Christ. Put the fear of God into them, no pun intended, and not long after they came out with the song "Let it Be."

floridays

Are you still in here larping like you have the answers of the universe.
View attachment 309304
No one, exactly none, not one, that is heterosexual, on this site or in the world universal, feel the need to convince their sexual practices or affections are normal.
Why do you?
Don't ask me again why I hate your type, I don't.
Exactly why do you specifically and your type feel the need to force others to grant special rights?