LGBTQ

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm looking for clarity here. Gentiles are non-Jews, right? The Church was first for Jews then opened to gentiles, right? Jews for the most part rejected him but he was still a Jew. As were his apostles. The Apostle Paul preached in synagogues. I'm wondering if you're rejecting Jesus being a Jew because you have a problem with Jews? Not saying that lightly or sarcastically. Just asking.
Jesus was born of a Jewish mother and father. Figure it out. His ministry was originally considered a Jewish sect. He preached first to the Jews, who certainly wouldn’t have even listened to a gentile and wouldn’t have even been allowed in parts of the temple. He was called “King of the Jews”.
He died as the son of God, for all mens sins. Not as a Jew.

Non liberal

Are you of the impression that Jews in that time either practiced Judaism or practiced something else? The ones who practiced Judaism were the bad ones?
I am under the impression that Judaism rejected Christ. Christ has been around since the beginning of time long before any religion was. Since god is all knowing I have a hard time thinking that he would worship under a religion that rejects him. He came to save any Jew who would follow him, if they chose to follow him then they would be considered Christians not Jews. That is why they killed him, because he was preaching to them about Christianity, not Judaism.

UnionStrong

I am under the impression that Judaism rejected Christ. Christ has been around since the beginning of time long before any religion was. Since god is all knowing I have a hard time thinking that he would worship under a religion that rejects him. He came to save any Jew who would follow him, if they chose to follow him then they would be considered Christians not Jews. That is why they killed him, because he was preaching to them about Christianity, not Judaism.
The word Christ is from the Greek “Cristos” which translates from the Hebrew, “messiah” or the anointed one. This indicates that his followers believed him to be the anointed son of David, who some Jews believed, would restore the fortunes of the Jews.

vantexan

The prophesy of the Messiah had been around a very long time. The Jews were God's chosen people through which the lineage of Jesus existed. Jesus was born into the world a Jew, raised a Jew, died a Jew. It's an ethnicity as well as a religion. His followers weren't known as Christians until later after he died. He was seen as a threat to the Jewish power structure who rejected him as the Messiah and they pushed the Romans to kill him. It's laid out openly in the New Testament. Really not our right.to put some other spin on it.

Non liberal

The word Christ is from the Greek “Cristos” which translates from the Hebrew, “messiah” or the anointed one. This indicates that his followers believed him to be the anointed son of David, who some Jews believed, would restore the fortunes of the Jews.
They don’t think he was the messiah, they are still waiting for messiah. That’s the difference between Judaism and Christianity. The biggest difference anyhow.

Non liberal

The prophesy of the Messiah had been around a very long time. The Jews were God's chosen people through which the lineage of Jesus existed. Jesus was born into the world a Jew, raised a Jew, died a Jew. It's an ethnicity as well as a religion. His followers weren't known as Christians until later after he died. He was seen as a threat to the Jewish power structure who rejected him as the Messiah and they pushed the Romans to kill him. It's laid out openly in the New Testament. Really not our right.to put some other spin on it.
He told the Jews if they were from Abraham they would do after Abraham. Gods chosen people are not the Jews, gods chosen people are ALL the people who except Christ as messiah, his followers. He also told the Jewish leaders they were of their father, the devil

UnionStrong

If Judaism is what makes a Jew Jewish, then not one accepts Jesus as lord and savior. That’s not up for debate, it’s fact.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don't go around insulting people, it's none of my business who one beds anyway, and how would I know. You wear your homosexuality on your sleeve, maybe you are the one that provokes confrontation.
Everything you just posted is a figment of your imagination.
Yes that has been used as a mitigating factor for people who murder gays. It’s almost like they are subhuman or something in the eyes of the law, it’s not murder just manslaughter.

And no we were discussing how very not hateful you are and how you saying faghetti wouldn’t be hateful. But then for some reason you think it would come down to violence because gays are hateful and you wouldn’t want to call a young gay FAGhetti because you couldn’t beat them up. Then you pivoted to insinuating you would murder anyone who laid hands on you within this context. I educated you on use of lethal force when you provoke someone into a confrontation, that is a factor in a justifiable homicide trial.

This whole conversation about how very NOT homophobic you are spiraled into you calling gay men FAGhetti then blowing their brains out on the pavement if they tried to touch you because of gay panic.

Kind of silly, I got a big ol grin on my face because of how very not homophobic you are.

Last edited: