LGBTQ

vantexan

Uhm yes it did compared to the rise of democracy and secularism. People who act like getting further from God harmed the west don’t understand the enlightenment and the rise of secular governments. They don’t recognize deist philosophy as a stepping stone to rejecting god all together, the fall of a religious understanding of our world and the rise of a scientific one.
The writings about in the constitution about God are based in deism. i don’t think you people really appreciate the enlightenment if your conclusion is religion is a good thing and having a very religious society is a good thing. I think you reject too much of the science and philosophy in favor of your bibles and churches.
And I think you assume too much. Our religious beliefs work in concert with science and the natural world. We want to understand how things work and learn from them. Take medicine. Medicine isn't just conjured up in a lab. Most medicines are derived from studying compounds found in nature, especially from plants. But we typically disagree on how man arrived at the state he's in. We don't think the intracacies of many different systems working together in the human body happened by random chance. We see intelligent design. Who exactly designed us can be debated. But you so adamantly want to shut the idea of a superior being out of consideration that you'll entertain anything else. Because ultimately you believe you are God. That humans are the highest form of existence. And can't deal with competition for our attention.

newfie

And I think you assume too much. Our religious beliefs work in concert with science and the natural world. We want to understand how things work and learn from them. Take medicine. Medicine isn't just conjured up in a lab. Most medicines are derived from studying compounds found in nature, especially from plants. But we typically disagree on how man arrived at the state he's in. We don't think the intracacies of many different systems working together in the human body happened by random chance. We see intelligent design. Who exactly designed us can be debated. But you so adamantly want to shut the idea of a superior being out of consideration that you'll entertain anything else. Because ultimately you believe you are God. That humans are the highest form of existence. And can't deal with competition for our attention.
I've said it a few times. the more i study science the more i believe the complexity of science proves a higher being.

El Correcto

god is dead
You are just indoctrinated into a cult.

El Correcto

god is dead
And you aren't?
No because I don’t believe in unprovable nonsense and don’t feel the need to debate things with no hard evidence backing them.

The only thing I debate against is what I see, your nonsense beliefs. This ain’t about god or disproving it, it’s about all the stupid claims I see of who is god’s chosen people or what does god want from us. All of that is non sense.

newfie

No because I don’t believe in unprovable nonsense and don’t feel the need to debate things with no hard evidence backing them.

The only thing I debate against is what I see, your nonsense beliefs. This ain’t about god or disproving it, it’s about all the stupid claims I see of who is god’s chosen people or what does god want from us. All of that is non sense.
then you should be a believer. Unless you can stick a lump of clay in your microwave and create a life.
Unless you can explain why evolution decides two beings coming from the same region during the same time evolve differently.
evolution decided one need fur and one need skin. One needed to stand up, one needed to crawl and one needed to fly.

fact is there is a lot of nonsense in evolution if you look for it.

Non liberal

So desperate to prove it was anything other then god. That describes all of the modern day atheists of today.

Non liberal

But you can’t prove your own claims either.

vantexan

You're in the cult of the phallus. You worship the creature rather than the creator. And you worship sensations.

El Correcto

god is dead
Every generation is becoming less and less religious. Religion is bending to science and philosophy, it is adapting to the people, like it always has been. It isn’t an absolute morality from God, it is man made non sense from back in the day.

Even if the newer generation still like to identity as Christian they are less Christian than the older ones.