LGBTQ

El Correcto

god is dead
Lol, ok, problem is any explanation you would put forth is even more troubling so…
Yes but I don’t care if you’re troubled over it. I don’t care how you live your life, do as you please with the information you’re given. It is factual and there are limits to it.
Enjoy being off in jew La la land with the rest of the dinosaur denying dumb dumbs.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I can’t stress enough how stupid fundamentalists are.
Lol
6385238E-D4F9-4D15-8171-4334BA73735A.gif

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Remember the Black Sea area is where early civilization developed.
The Tigris river is mentioned only twice in the Bible. The Bible says a river flowed out of Eden and then divided into four rivers. One of these rivers, the Tigris, is said to flow east of Assyria (Gen. 2:14). I wonder if Eden could have been situated in this region, rather than in southern Mesopotamia. The only other reference to the Tigris is in Daniel 10:4.​

UnionStrong

We had a hard enough time with lions, tigers, and bears. There's just no way we could have coexisted with giant meat eating lizards. It's about 100% certain that a giant meteor or comet struck in what's now the Yucatan Peninsula millions of years ago and killed off the dinosaurs, setting the stage for the rise of mammals.

You may have not made it 6000-8000 years but I know plenty of Christians who do. I wasn't aware that the Bible referred to Pangea or the separation of continents. What I do believe is men with primitive technology created mythology to explain the natural world. That's been true of every human group. And if that mythology is questioned then something is wrong with us because of faith. There was a time when men believed the entire universe revolved around the Earth and any questioning of that could get you in serious trouble. Plenty of evidence of floods without the Noah account or the Gilgamesh account. There's evidence the narrow strait that separates Istanbul collapsed and water flooded through from the Mediterranean to form what is now the Black Sea. Whole villages have been discovered under the water there. Now if you had primitive technology and your world got flooded on that epic a scale might you not create a myth to explain it? Remember the Black Sea area is where early civilization developed.
The cradle of civilization is widely thought to be the Tigris-Euphrates River area. Fertile Crescent.

vantexan

I’m just saying that in the Bible it says that before Adam and Eve sinned there was no death. If dinosaurs existed before man there was obviously death. I was just curious how you explain that then.
I believe that was referring to human death, punishment for their sin in the Garden of Eden. And that itself may be spiritual death, not physical.

vantexan

The cradle of civilization is widely thought to be the Tigris-Euphrates River area. Fertile Crescent.
Agree but look at the map and see how close the Black Sea is. Also while at it look up the Younger Dryas, the period between two ice ages. There's evidence now that a comet strike in Greenland ended the Younger Dryas and could be destroyed civilization with it. Civilization that existed before the cities of Mesopotamia and Sumeria.

UnionStrong

Agree but look at the map and see how close the Black Sea is. Also while at it look up the Younger Dryas, the period between two ice ages. There's evidence now that a comet strike in Greenland ended the Younger Dryas and could be destroyed civilization with it. Civilization that existed before the cities of Mesopotamia and Sumeria.
I’ve read about the Black Sea flood theory. I do believe the flood was more localized, Could have been there. There is evidence that the Mediterranean Sea was a basin, that filled when the Atlantic broke thru at Gibraltar.

vantexan

I’ve read about the Black Sea flood theory. I do believe the flood was more localized, Could have been there. There is evidence that the Mediterranean Sea was a basin, that filled when the Atlantic broke thru at Gibraltar.
Which may have been at the base of the flood accounts. What would happen to rivers that flowed into that basin? The sheer amount of pressure would've backed them up big time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Maybe it’s because your Bible is bull:censored2: like I have been telling you people for the past two weeks.
I have been listening to the Bible at Mass my whole life and reading it independently since the 3rd grade.

I find it to be a very amazing collection of manuscripts and I find it to be very useful for instruction in spiritual matters and matters concerning my faith. I have found many spiritual truths have been revealed to me through my reading of the Bible.

I have to admit there is some sketchy portions that challenge my understanding of an all loving Creator God but I have really just decided to ignore the troubling portions that defy my understanding of God's character.

Basically I just take what I want and leave the rest.

I understand your point of view and I have to respect your right to your opinion about the Bible however.

El Correcto

god is dead
I have been listening to the Bible at Mass my whole life and reading it independently since the 3rd grade.

I find it to be a very amazing collection of manuscripts and I find it to be very useful for instruction in spiritual matters and matters concerning my faith. I have found many spiritual truths have been revealed to me through my reading of the Bible.

I have to admit there is some sketchy portions that challenge my understanding of an all loving Creator God but I have really just decided to ignore the troubling portions that defy my understanding of God's character.

I understand your point of view and I have to respect your right to your opinion about the Bible however.
It’s not an opinion or a point of view. Evolution is a fact and fundamentalists are stupid.

UnionStrong

Mass…..Lol

UnionStrong

C03CBC03-7E01-48E4-A0B5-A9CE9D73D323.gif