LGBTQ

El Correcto

god is dead
Kids watching grown adults acting lewdly no matter if it's heterosexual or bisexual or homosexual should be strictly forbidden. I've seen some examples of drag shows for kids. It isn't innocent fun.
You keep running back to drag shows because that’s your little talking point, I get it.
But that’s not what I’m discussing here, that isn’t the issue I take with your opinion. I agree with you.
The argument is you suddenly trying to play semantics between attraction and sexuality when it comes to children’s entertainment. The argument is you find same sex attraction offensive to be shown, but don’t mind heterosexuality being shown in that same way.

That’s why you are now taking this absurd stance of movies shouldn’t show any sexualities. Snow White, Cinderella, Shrek, hell basically every children’s movie is now immoral and sexualizing children by your new definition.

El Correcto

god is dead
Just say you homophobic and you don’t like gay stuff. You find gays offensive and don’t want them to have an equal place in society and entertainment when it comes to morality.

Then your original argument makes sense, but you people don’t like admitting you’re a bad person. I get it.

vantexan

You keep running back to drag shows because that’s your little talking point, I get it.
But that’s not what I’m discussing here, that isn’t the issue I take with your opinion. I agree with you.
The argument is you suddenly trying to play semantics between attraction and sexuality when it comes to children’s entertainment. The argument is you find same sex attraction offensive to be shown, but don’t mind heterosexuality being shown in that same way.

That’s why you are now taking this absurd stance of movies shouldn’t show any sexualities. Snow White, Cinderella, Shrek, hell basically every children’s movie is now immoral and sexualizing children by your new definition.
You couldn't be more wrong. If schools were putting on shows of men and women acting and speaking in suggestive, provocative, and lewd ways I'd demand the people responsible to be fired. If you're 18 and want to go see a drag queen show that's your business. Subjecting kids to it in any kind of setting is wrong. And comparing the kind of indecency that goes on in strip joints and drag shows to Snow White, etc is ludicrous. Your problem is you're an angry young man who sees oppression of gays in everything. Grow up.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You couldn't be more wrong. If schools were putting on shows of men and women acting and speaking in suggestive, provocative, and lewd ways I'd demand the people responsible to be fired. If you're 18 and want to go see a drag queen show that's your business. Subjecting kids to it in any kind of setting is wrong. And comparing the kind of indecency that goes on in strip joints and drag shows to Snow White, etc is ludicrous. Your problem is you're an angry young man who sees oppression of gays in everything. Grow up.
Very angry.

vantexan

Just say you homophobic and you don’t like gay stuff. You find gays offensive and don’t want them to have an equal place in society and entertainment when it comes to morality.

Then your original argument makes sense, but you people don’t like admitting you’re a bad person. I get it.
OK, I admit it. You're a bad person. Happy?

I've never once been abusive to a homosexual. I have told them that I disagree with what they're doing. You know why? I've never known a homosexual who didn't bring up their sexuality constantly. They want you to know and they want you to tell them what you think of it. I don't hate them. Have been madly in love with a couple of lesbians in my past. But I'm not going to lie to them. You know why? Because there's nothing I think is more important than their soul's salvation. All the sex in the world, no matter who is doing who, is more important than being pleasing to God. Not even close. Ask @Integrity he'll get it straight from Jesus, no pun intended.

UnionStrong

OK, I admit it. You're a bad person. Happy?

I've never once been abusive to a homosexual. I have told them that I disagree with what they're doing. You know why? I've never known a homosexual who didn't bring up their sexuality constantly. They want you to know and they want you to tell them what you think of it. I don't hate them. Have been madly in love with a couple of lesbians in my past. But I'm not going to lie to them. You know why? Because there's nothing I think is more important than their soul's salvation. All the sex in the world, no matter who is doing who, is more important than being pleasing to God. Not even close. Ask @Integrity he'll get it straight from Jesus, no pun intended.
They are not happy people as a rule. Filled with guilt and self loathing

UnionStrong

One of those who hasn't realized that things get better for certain groups through humor, not anger. I may not agree with the lifestyle, but anger and accusations thrown my way aren't going to make me easier to deal with.
I have absolutely no animosity towards gays. Most of them condemn drag shows for kids. It’s a bad look for all of them, since it tends to imply they’re pedophiles. I just don’t want their lifestyle forced in my face. I still believe it’s a deviant lifestyle but, it’s not my problem.

vantexan

I have absolutely no animosity towards gays. Most of them condemn drag shows for kids. It’s a bad look for all of them, since it tends to imply they’re pedophiles. I just don’t want their lifestyle forced in my face. I still believe it’s a deviant lifestyle but, it’s not my problem.
But are those you know older? Because the younger ones seem a lot more militant. They want it in your face and they want to poke your eye.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So did whipping the :censored2: out of blacks, limiting women’s rights, public executions, etc.
Good point.
Sorry time moves forward and it’s not only straight white men that get to enjoy living here.
I do believe the gains that mankind has made in many areas, some that you have mentioned and others that you have not is evidence of the God of the Universe care for everyone in His creation.

IMO great love and care is displayed in freedom without condemnation.

IMO it also shows His patience and tolerance by the freedom He offers us.

I believe He gives us all the freedom to pursue happiness as we see fit.

IMO the care exemplified in this freedom goes so far as to care so much that we are free to choose Him or to not recognize His existence at all, He will not force us.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Seems like a fair and balanced point of view to me.

vantexan

Good point.
But you have no problem agreeing about the sins of the past as if that can be held over us as if we're guilty of the same if we believe some things are sin and shouldn't be done. Of course you won't openly say that but you just intimated in your post that God will accept you as you are even if you don't believe in him. And if we show any Bible verses that conflict with that you'll say that's men's traditions and shouldn't be followed.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Seriously? Comparing movies geared towards children as equivalent to showing homosexual drag queen shows is fair and balanced?
I do believe that if you read carefully you would see that he agreed with your point on this specific comparison.

That was my take at least.

Peace
☮️

vantexan

I do believe that if you read carefully you would see that he agreed with your point on this specific comparison.

That was my take at least.

Peace
☮️
No, his argument was I was hypocritical in condemning drag queen shows but was fine with kids seeing movies like Snow White that are heterosexually oriented. That by my own definition I should condemn such movies as much as drag queen shows because they're about sexuality. He was equating attraction between men and women as sexuality so it must be condemned as much as I would condemn drag queen shows. It's a false equivalency.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No, his argument was I was hypocritical in condemning drag queen shows but was fine with kids seeing movies like Snow White that are heterosexually oriented. That by my own definition I should condemn such movies as much as drag queen shows because they're about sexuality. He was equating attraction between men and women as sexuality so it must be condemned as much as I would condemn drag queen shows. It's a false equivalency.
Didn’t see it that way.

Maybe he will follow up with a rebuttal or explanation.

vantexan

@Integrity