LGBTQ

qdg2

Ever notice there are no Atheist Home for Orphans? When was the last time you went to the ER at The Good Atheist Hospital?
Nobody ever says, "Hey let's go down to the Secular Humanist Food Pantry!"
Not really....but I have noticed a Tele-Preacher a few miles from here......has his own airport! All concrete......worth millions. Huge hangars........fly's his private jet(s) in and out. Ever notice that?

Tell us more. Lot's of "church's" around here are palaces......preachers live very nicely....

Thebrownblob

Not really....but I have noticed a Tele-Preacher a few miles from here......has his own airport! All concrete......worth millions. Huge hangars........fly's his private jet(s) in and out. Ever notice that?

Tell us more. Lot's of "church's" around here are palaces......preachers live very nicely....
They’re easy to pick out aren’t they? Definitely don’t go to those churches.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

What's your point?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Spirit moves me and prompts me to say I think not.

The way it has been illuminated to me is that IMO Jesus exposed the worldliness, unrighteousness, and the spiritual pride that the practice of stoning and condemnation for what it was.

IMO this teaching can probably be extrapolated to capital punishment of any kind.

BrownFlush

The way it has been illuminated to me is that IMO Jesus exposed the worldliness, unrighteousness, and the spiritual pride that the practice of stoning and condemnation for what it was.

IMO this teaching can probably be extrapolated to capital punishment of any kind.
Ask the Spirit to help you recognize when someone is being sarcastic. It will help you look less foolish.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

I believe in capital punishment, especially for murderers.

BrownFlush

This will never be, but it would slow down the murder rate.....
Depending on how the murder was committed, fast and painless, death the same way.
If the victim was tortured and or suffered, the murderer get's to feel/ go through that before he dies.

UnionStrong

This will never be, but it would slow down the murder rate.....
Depending on how the murder was committed, fast and painless, death the same way.
If the victim was tortured and or suffered, the murderer get's to feel/ go through that before he dies.
I like it.

vantexan

My Father in law and Mother in Law are C of C. Some of the weirdest folks you'll ever meet. FIL is basically a far, far left wing commie. Democrat. Which makes the MIL so. They estranged all of their kids for the Church. If you didn't tow the C of C line....you were cast out. The Church was all they have/had at least 3 days a week. Their way or the highway. That means anyone....grandkids and all. Been this way for my 34 years of marriage. FIL is an Elder. I heard the stories of ministers coming and going.......

I only went a handful of times.....thank goodness. Wife hated it. I didn't force my child to endure that crap.
That would be unusual because most in the C of C are pretty conservative and if not they usually leave. But then again there are now Church of Christ affiliated universities that have gay pride days. Something that used to never be heard of.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

The “trans community” has been a fertile source of actual and would-be mass murderers. That shouldn’t be surprising, I suppose, since we are talking about mental illness. Another one was stopped in Colorado today. Robert Spencer asks a good question:

William Whitworth, a 19-year-old male who claims to be female and goes by the name “Lilly,” has been arrested in Colorado Springs, Colo., after threatening various local schools. Whitworth has been charged with two counts of criminal attempt to commit murder in the first degree, as well as criminal mischief, menacing, and more. His case, following so soon after Audrey Hale, a woman claiming to be male, murdered six people at a Christian school in Nashville, once again raises the question: wouldn’t we be better off treating this “transgender” business as mental illness rather than coddling and celebrating people who suffer from these delusions?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
  • TikTok's transgender icon has no shortage of detractors on the political right
  • But many members of her own transgender community also find her grating
  • They frequently debate whether Mulvaney is as a genuine trans person

newolddude

Probably just jealous that she didn't get Nike sponsorship.

FtFkHdfacAAw0dm

FtFkHdbaYAEC4XO

FtFkHdaacAEFi8i

Integrity

Binge Poster
I certainly can understand.

For a long time I very much believed in capital punishment, no question. I was a vocal supporter and believer in it.

Then one day, for no reason apparent to me, I just didn’t believe in it any longer.

Been that way for me ever since.

UnionStrong

For a long time I very much believed in capital punishment, no question. I was a vocal supporter and believer in it.

Then one day, for no reason apparent to me, I just didn’t believe in it any longer.

I can understand changing how you think, I’ve changed on some issues too as I got older.

BrownFlush

Direct, literal, Holy Spirit speaking to you intervention.
If it's opposite of what the Bible (Holy Spirit written) teaches, count on it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Direct, literal, Holy Spirit speaking to you intervention.
If it's opposite of what the Bible (Holy Spirit written) teaches, count on it.
Perhaps.

You feel free to continue recognizing the Bible as your Holy Spirit.

If it works for you then I certainly support you.

I enjoy a relationship with God that is more than just the Bible. IMO the Bible is great but it doesn’t compare to the living God.

Do you believe you have a spirit?

Peace be with you my friend.

☮️

BrownFlush

No perhaps about it. If the Bible teaches it, for some reason ,the Holy Spirit told you the opposite.
You feel free to continue recognizing the Bible as your Holy Spirit.
Wrong. The Bible is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit wrote the Bible through inspired men.
I enjoy a relationship with God that is more than just the Bible. IMO the Bible is great but it doesn’t compare to the living God.
Relationships require at least two. You have defined what kind of relationship you have with God. It's all how you have decided it should be. You have a relationship with him alright. It's not good according to scripture.
The right/approved/and acceptable relationship with God is the one taught in Scripture. You're not even close.
Do you believe you have a spirit?
I know I have a spirit.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
No perhaps about it. If the Bible teaches it, for some reason ,the Holy Spirit told you the opposite.
At times.
Wrong. The Bible is not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit wrote the Bible through inspired men.
It seems you place the Bible above or equivalent to God himself. The Holy Spirit wrote the Bible? Do you believe in the dictation theory ?
Relationships require at least two. You have defined what kind of relationship you have with God. It's all how you have decided it should be. You have a relationship with him alright. It's not good according to scripture.
Thankfully my relationship with God is above scripture.
The right/approved/and acceptable relationship with God is the one taught in Scripture. You're not even close.
That is your opinion. I disagree.
I know I have a spirit.
Am I right to assume that the reason you believe you know this is because the Bible taught you this?

Last edited: