Malicious Compliance

quad decade guy

Ok. Fair enough.

However.....in these places....it is in the Companies legal/contractual right to "force" or whatever you want to call it....overtime/Sat.?

Keeping in mind, "production/numbers are not recognized"....by the Union....but deliberately"slowing down" or "sabotaging" the operation could be considered stealing time.....where are we at here?

They are still working Sat. Yes?

The language is all settled.....

True....drivers don't "like it".....and so?

What is the point of this thread?

542thruNthru

So, who's saying "maliciously", cuz I don't see that word anywhere in the story?
The Reddit is malicious compliance. People post stories of how doing exactly what they were told screwed the company/boss.

So in this case the company was so used to driver's not showing up they forced in way more than they needed and every driver that was told to report Saturday showed up and demanded their 8 hours.

542thruNthru

Ok. Fair enough.

However.....in these places....it is in the Companies legal/contractual right to "force" or whatever you want to call it....overtime/Sat.?

Keeping in mind, "production/numbers are not recognized"....by the Union....but deliberately"slowing down" or "sabotaging" the operation could be considered stealing time.....where are we at here?

They are still working Sat. Yes?

The language is all settled.....

True....drivers don't "like it".....and so?

What is the point of this thread?
If you couldn't understand the point of the thread than I don't think any of us can help you. It's literally in the first sentence of the Reddit post.

quad decade guy

If you couldn't understand the point of the thread than I don't think any of us can help you. It's literally in the first sentence of the Reddit post.
Ok.

And so?

The Company runs it's business...generally the way they want to....

That's pretty obvious...

So, stating the obvious was helpful....how?

The practice of having folks come in for extra work to account for ....extra work....and not hiring more folks is pretty universal in the whole world....

So....what?

Yep! Most don’t even have the balls to follow Orion trace so it’s highly unlikely most centers, aside from a select few, would be able to find enough drivers to participate in such an event.
They did that to us a couple years ago right in the middle of peak every single driver had to come in on Saturday.
My supervisor knew I was not happy He said are you going to call off I said hell no brother. If you're egging enough to make me come to work I'm made enough to do it that will make you pay dearly for it

542thruNthru

Ok.

And so?

The Company runs it's business...generally the way they want to....

That's pretty obvious...

So, stating the obvious was helpful....how?

The practice of having folks come in for extra work to account for ....extra work....and not hiring more folks is pretty universal in the whole world....

So....what?
"In the whole world."

Remember the last time you made a statement like that? I'm sure you remember you came off looking like a idiot. Lol