Malicious Compliance

Zowert

How would UPS buy the union out?
I heard there is some kind of fine they can pay during collective bargaining if they wanted to opt out of the union but it’s A LOT of money and they’d pretty much have to hire a whole new workforce. I don’t know I’m just as confused on that one.

oldupsman

Short story. Christmas eve one year. They want to change our start time to one hour later and than pay
us time work. What? You can't let us work 7 on Christmas eve and pay us for 8? On Christmas eve? Bleep you. 60 drivers came
in our regular start time. They had us sweeping floors, washing windows. We loved it.

What happens? Bunch of late airs coming in. Now they don't want to pay OT. So now there's all the managers,
sups and part time sups waiting around for the airs because we were all punching out and going home Christmas eve
at 430. Found out later some were out until 9o'clock. None of this had to happened. Just because some Division
manager decided he was going to make a name for himself.

The guy never screwed with us again. Solidarity works wonders.

542thruNthru

I heard there is some kind of fine they can pay during collective bargaining if they wanted to opt out of the union but it’s A LOT of money and they’d pretty much have to hire a whole new workforce. I don’t know I’m just as confused on that one.
Never heard of that. The company can perform a lockout which is the company's version of a strike but I've never heard of paying a fine to remove a union.

If they refuse to bargain than the union can file a unfair labor practice (ULP).

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I love how you make outlandish claims and then tells others they need to prove you wrong 🤣🤣🤣
BBEF7910-C19F-461B-9E3F-CB24421161F0.jpeg

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Don't believe everything you hear.

quad decade guy

I love how you make outlandish claims and then tells others they need to prove you wrong 🤣🤣🤣
Ok. What "outlandish claims" exactly? You should have many to choose from...right?

I was accused of looking like an idiot for saying "in the whole world", for saying "something like that". Not sure what that was about...being called an idiot by someone on BC is pretty bold.
I love how they have to be "exact" examples.
Well yes....that's fair...right? Quotes etc. Indeed "exact examples"....

Or are you talking about statements I've made that you simply disagree with or don't like? That doesn't make them untrue...right?

It's like calling someone a liar/thief whatever just because you don't like them. No proof.....just hate. A lot of sorriness like that here on BC.

542thruNthru

Ok. What "outlandish claims" exactly? You should have many to choose from...right?

I was accused of looking like an idiot for saying "in the whole world", for saying "something like that". Not sure what that was about...being called an idiot by someone on BC is pretty bold.

Well yes....that's fair...right? Quotes etc. Indeed "exact examples"....

Or are you talking about statements I've made that you simply disagree with or don't like? That doesn't make them untrue...right?

It's like calling someone a liar/thief whatever just because you don't like them. No proof.....just hate. A lot of sorriness like that here on BC.
Ok here....