Maybe now is the right time to organize

dmac1

That wouldn't amount to enough to matter. The problem is that the population is growing at a faster rate than the number of doctors, and people are living longer.
This post is a little old, but I don't live here like some with nothing better to do. But this is just another example of the level of stupidity some post, willingly proving that they just shouldn't be public;y posting to protect any idea that they may be at least of average IQ.

This post says the population is growing at a pace faster than the rate the number of doctors is growing. It completely ignores the advances in technology that allow fewer doctors to trat more people, and ignores even the basic rule of supply and demand that their precious free market is said to promote. More demand for doctors if it happens will lead to more people wanting to be doctors with more medical schools taking more students.

And then you have more PAs, and nurses taking over a lot of what doctors do, in addition to the tech that allows doctors to focus more of their skills only when needed. It doesn't take a doctor anymore to stitch up a minor cut, and the nurses and PAs screen patients to save time.

Just saying that the number of doctors is not growing as fast as the population is ignorant. (again) from people the same people who fear 'socialized' medicine and make claims without proof that it doesn't work- even though it works elsewhere across the globe- or that giving access to healthcare to all will make it worse for a few because 'free' care is impossible, when no one ever said it was free.

Medicare is socialized medicine, as is the VA, as is Medicaid, and medicare is only in financial trouble because the taxes are not paid equally by all on all income. The self employed pay both the employer and employee portion, but a large part of investment incom is not taxed, and benefits to employees worth potentially tens of thousands of dollars aren't taxed as income. The tax code has been specifically written to allow the wealthy to carve out income to avoid paying an equal portion of their income, and employers are using whatever means they can to cut their share.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This post is a little old, but I don't live here like some with nothing better to do. But this is just another example of the level of stupidity some post, willingly proving that they just shouldn't be public;y posting to protect any idea that they may be at least of average IQ.

This post says the population is growing at a pace faster than the rate the number of doctors is growing. It completely ignores the advances in technology that allow fewer doctors to trat more people, and ignores even the basic rule of supply and demand that their precious free market is said to promote. More demand for doctors if it happens will lead to more people wanting to be doctors with more medical schools taking more students.
That would presuppose a significant enough increase in doctor pay driven by the higher demand. Given the constraints of a SPS on a doctor's earnings and an additional income tax burden, this imaginary surge in people wanting to become doctors is just that - imaginary, resting on a bed of economic ignorance.

Just saying that the number of doctors is not growing as fast as the population is ignorant. (again) from people the same people who fear 'socialized' medicine and make claims without proof that it doesn't work- even though it works elsewhere across the globe- or that giving access to healthcare to all will make it worse for a few because 'free' care is impossible, when no one ever said it was free.
You're silly. I don't deny that socialized medicine works. It's inefficient and offers a compromised quality of care, but it "works" in a loose sense of the word.

Medicare is socialized medicine, as is the VA, as is Medicaid, and medicare is only in financial trouble because the taxes are not paid equally by all on all income. The self employed pay both the employer and employee portion, but a large part of investment incom is not taxed, and benefits to employees worth potentially tens of thousands of dollars aren't taxed as income. The tax code has been specifically written to allow the wealthy to carve out income to avoid paying an equal portion of their income, and employers are using whatever means they can to cut their share.
VA and Medicaid offer such high quality care that they are a matter of last resort and everyone complains about them. Medicare, supposedly an example of how things should be done, is hurting for money and here you come with "RAISE TAXES" as your solution, LOL.

Isn't it funny how the answer to every social issue, real or imagined, has an obligatory complaint about the wealthy? It says a lot about those who are complaining.

bacha29

That would presuppose a significant enough increase in doctor pay driven by the higher demand. Given the constraints of a SPS on a doctor's earnings and an additional income tax burden, this imaginary surge in people wanting to become doctors is just that - imaginary, resting on a bed of economic ignorance.

You're silly. I don't deny that socialized medicine works. It's inefficient and offers a compromised quality of care, but it "works" in a loose sense of the word.

VA and Medicaid offer such high quality care that they are a matter of last resort and everyone complains about them. Medicare, supposedly an example of how things should be done, is hurting for money and here you come with "RAISE TAXES" as your solution, LOL.

Isn't it funny how the answer to every social issue, real or imagined, has an obligatory complaint about the wealthy? It says a lot about those who are complaining.
Get this through your head. This society will never tolerate a healthcare system where care is on given only to those who can guarantee payment for their care. Hospitals are not going to become Mira Lago's

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Get this through your head. This society will never tolerate a healthcare system where care is on given only to those who can guarantee payment for their care. Hospitals are not going to become Mira Lago's
Dude, we tolerate clowns like you. We'll tolerate anything.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If true, it says a lot about how low your society has sunk.

bacha29

If true, it says a lot about how low your society has sunk.
It's not my society. it's America's society and if you think things got hot this summer wait until the ACA is overturned. Many if not nearly all federal regulations governing insurers will be gone leaving them to pick and choose who they will and will not insure and charge whatever they want to those they will insure . And if you think that you'll be nicely tucked away and completely spared from the feces storm that's coming if it is overturned, if I were you I wouldn't count on it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's not my society. it's America's society and if you think things got hot this summer wait until the ACA is overturned. Many if not nearly all federal regulations governing insurers will be gone leaving them to pick and choose who they will and will not insure and charge whatever they want to those they will insure . And if you think that you'll be nicely tucked away and completely spared from the feces storm that's coming if it is overturned, if I were you I wouldn't count on it.
Food.

Clothing.

Shelter.

These are essential to survival.

Unlimited healthcare not so much.
Insurrection in protest of this should be met with a bullet.

bacha29

Food.

Clothing.

Shelter.

These are essential to survival.

Unlimited healthcare not so much.
Insurrection in protest of this should be met with a bullet.
Didn't realize until that I was talking to a closet Nazi. People like you believe that healthcare is a privilege not a right. Just make sure that you're one of the privileged because that retired employee healthcare plan that makes you feel privileged and secure could be gone tomorrow with just a stroke of Fat Freddy's pen.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Didn't realize until that I was talking to a closet Nazi. People like you believe that healthcare is a privilege not a right. Just make sure that you're one of the privileged because that retired employee healthcare plan that makes you feel privileged and secure could be gone tomorrow with just a stroke of Fat Freddy's pen.
Tell me EVERYTHING you know about the "FedEx retired employee healthcare plan."

Shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds.

bacha29

Tell me EVERYTHING you know about the "FedEx retired employee healthcare plan."

Shouldn't take more than 10-15 seconds.
Not necessary when it's the precarious future of that plan that has you and Dano so worried (and with good reason) as evidenced by your obvious willingness to throw everyone else under the bus in an effort to preserve it for yourselves. Not surprising and you need not be ashamed because self preservation is the most common practice of today's so called "Christians" as evidenced by their complete willing ness to fight for access to every life saving and life extension treatment modern science can make available.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not necessary when it's the precarious future of that plan that has you and Dano so worried (and with good reason) as evidenced by your obvious willingness to throw everyone else under the bus in an effort to preserve it for yourselves. Not surprising and you need not be ashamed because self preservation is the most common practice of today's so called "Christians" as evidenced by their complete willing ness to fight for access to every life saving and life extension treatment modern science can make available.
Thank you for exposing your ignorance again. That took you 9 seconds, a new record!

bacha29

Thank you for exposing your ignorance again. That took you 9 seconds, a new record!
The only thing that's ignorant is the self centered, self self serving, self preservation manner by which you so called "Christians" practice that thing you people call a religion that is centered on a so called "faith".

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The only thing that's ignorant is the self centered, self self serving, self preservation manner by which you so called "Christians" practice that thing you people call a religion that is centered on a so called "faith".
Why don’t you answer my question and tell me all about the FedEx retiree health plan you keep referring to?

Hint: there isn’t one!

Don’t you feel foolish now?