Meaningless Fluff

S

serenity now

Does anyone else think that wallpaper is "old-fashioned"??
I mean, our whole house that we moved into two years ago is wallpapered, but I would never wallpaper a house now.... Do people still do that?

only idiots / one day it must come down

Several house back was wallpapered and because it was in a historical district we had to wallpaper it when we restored it. We'll never do wallpaper or a house in a historical district again.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Does anyone else think that wallpaper is "old-fashioned"?? I mean, our whole house that we moved into two years ago is wallpapered, but I would never wallpaper a house now.... Do people still do that?

I wall papered every room in our house at one time. I now have one small bathroom left to take the wallpaper out. Painted walls are the style now. Not white or off white.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Does anyone else think that wallpaper is "old-fashioned"??
I mean, our whole house that we moved into two years ago is wallpapered, but I would never wallpaper a house now.... Do people still do that?
In Utah, a lot of the houses use wallpaper as a border only.......somehow, it's always some shade of blue....I was in thousands of houses back then (my real estate days)

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was one house in Idaho Falls where the master bedroom had some wallpaper and it was neat. There was chair rail and above it was wallpaper of birch tree trunks with a chocolate brown background and below the chair rail was painted choc. brown. The wall paper was something like this.........but more trunks....

S

serenity now

Several house back was wallpapered and because it was in a historical district we had to wallpaper it when we restored it. We'll never do wallpaper or a house in a historical district again.

that's another nightmare, right there...........

oldngray

nowhere special
There was one house in Idaho Falls where the master bedroom had some wallpaper and it was neat. There was chair rail and above it was wallpaper of birch tree trunks with a chocolate brown background and below the chair rail was painted choc. brown. The wall paper was something like this.........but more trunks....

when I bought my house it had an Elvis wallpapered wall.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Stenciling is worse.

When we bought this house it was stenciled everywhere and the rooms without stenciling had wallpaper borders and wallpaper
It took gallons upon gallons of primer to cover the stenciling.
I have one room which I torn more than half the paper off the wall and I have done nothing else with it.
This is the "spare bedroom" or the catch all room.
It is slowly becoming the Monster Energy warehouse room.

S

serenity now

Stenciling is worse.

When we bought this house it was stenciled everywhere and the rooms without stenciling had wallpaper borders and wallpaper
It took gallons upon gallons of primer to cover the stenciling.
I have one room which I torn more than half the paper off the wall and I have done nothing else with it.
This is the "spare bedroom" or the catch all room.
It is slowly becoming the Monster Energy warehouse room.

DIY tip : Get an inexpensive tool called a Paper Tiger / As you move it across the old paper, small serrated wheels will make many punctures in the paper / Mix fabric softener and hot water in a plastic spray bottle an spray the paper / The solution will pass through the holes making removal much easier

oldngray

nowhere special
DIY tip : Get an inexpensive tool called a Paper Tiger / As you move it across the old paper, small serrated wheels will make many punctures in the paper / Mix fabric softener and hot water in a plastic spray bottle an spray the paper / The solution will pass through the holes making removal much easier

I just rented a steam machine and scraped off the old wallpaper.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In a previous house, my living room had 3 layers of wallpaper with 2 layers of paint on top of it....what maroon paints wallpaper is beyond me...but being the do-it-myselfer I am I set off to try to strip it to bare walls myself. After 3 solid days of work getting only about 40% of it stripped (used a commercial steamer from a rental place, one of those tools with the serrated wheels like spurs, various scrapers and a spray bottle) I finally hired a professional painting company who charged me $600 to finish stripping the room and to paint it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
gas.jpg
​Thanks BP Rewards and UPS for letting me gas up my package car daily. Saved myself $1.85 a gallon.
gas.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know that is suppose to be a parody.....but, I went through a needlepoint stage and made a wall hanging looked just like that........only had UPS on it and the old string logo. I had it framed and It hung in my hubby's office his whole career.

J

jibbs

So I've been recycling cans for about a year now. Initially started baggin' 'em up intact, but soon found out the difference in weight between a bag of crushed cans and a bag of uncrushed cans and decided the only way to go about it is crushed.

So yeah, since November-ish I've been crushing cans by hand, right? Never cut myself a single time-- no pokes, no slices, scrapes... nadda. This morning I went over to my Sister-in-law's just to see what was going on in my brother's life lately. His nephew was there and the can crushing topic came up as I was drinking an Arizona on their front porch.

Little nephew didn't believe it, said I couldn't do it. "I'll show this little bastard," I thought to myself before rinsing out the can in the kitchen sink and crushing it.

"AH!" I yelled as the can hit the ground.

friend*in'.... the little friend*in'' can sliced my index finger wide the friend* open. Over a year of this bull**** injury-free and the second I have a 4-year-old's eyes on me I friend* the money up. Now I've got an inch-long slice on my index finger fingertip of my dominant hand, and I friend*in' split a belt and load packages for a living.

Thursday and Friday are gonna be a bloody mess in the preload. I just hope the thing dries out enough so I can smother my finger in liquid bandage and have an artificial fingertip tomorrow morning.

/rant

over9five

Staff member
So I've been recycling cans for about a year now. Initially started baggin' 'em up intact, but soon found out the difference in weight between a bag of crushed cans and a bag of uncrushed cans and decided the only way to go about it is crushed.

So yeah, since November-ish I've been crushing cans by hand, right? Never cut myself a single time-- no pokes, no slices, scrapes... nadda. This morning I went over to my Sister-in-law's just to see what was going on in my brother's life lately. His nephew was there and the can crushing topic came up as I was drinking an Arizona on their front porch.

Little nephew didn't believe it, said I couldn't do it. "I'll show this little bastard," I thought to myself before rinsing out the can in the kitchen sink and crushing it.

"AH!" I yelled as the can hit the ground.

friend*in'.... the little friend*in'' can sliced my index finger wide the friend* open. Over a year of this bull**** injury-free and the second I have a 4-year-old's eyes on me I friend* the money up. Now I've got an inch-long slice on my index finger fingertip of my dominant hand, and I friend*in' split a belt and load packages for a living.

Thursday and Friday are gonna be a bloody mess in the preload. I just hope the thing dries out enough so I can smother my finger in liquid bandage and have an artificial fingertip tomorrow morning.

/rant

Yeah, but will you continue to crush them with your hand?