Meaningless Fluff

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
tai-pei-general-tsos-73559.jpg

You seem to be a big spender.
Never tried the store bought stuff. Is it good?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No !
No!
No!

That particular brand (TaiPei) is mushy!!!!

I like tender/crisp veggies!!
I'd prefer to just make that dish myself anyway. I can put in all the veggies I like, leave out what I don't like. Maybe add some chicken or beef or just stir fry the veggies & serve with rice. It would be far better than store bought.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'd prefer to just make that dish myself anyway. I can put in all the veggies I like, leave out what I don't like. Maybe add some chicken or beef or just stir fry the veggies & serve with rice. It would be far better than store bought.
No doubt home made is better, but the store bought is OK to throw in the microwave when you get home from work and are too tired to cook. It IS high in sodium but most prepared meals are like that. I usually steam my own veggies and that way they have 0 sodium.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No doubt home made is better, but the store bought is OK to throw in the microwave when you get home from work and are too tired to cook. It IS high in sodium but most prepared meals are like that. I usually steam my own veggies and that way they have 0 sodium.
Convenience is important. We try to make a few different dishes in large batches, & freeze in individual containers. Makes it easy for the kids to heat up & eat something healthy instead of going for junk food.