Meaningless Fluff

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What are Regents for the uninformed?

Ironically Regents are not for the uninformed.

New York has both a conventional high school diploma and a Regents diploma, which basically means you graduated with honors. The Regents tests are shipped in those containers; ironically FedEx Ground does the pickup.

New York has both a conventional high school diploma and a Regents diploma, which basically means you graduated with honors. The Regents tests are shipped in those containers; ironically FedEx Ground does the pickup.

HENCE the locks I see. lol

I'm probably on the uninformed list as I never look in the back of my trailers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I don't think they do the non regent diplomas anymore...I remember reading in the NY Times that the Board of Regents basically started dumbing down the Regents exams so all students have a better chance of passing them. They also lowered the Passing scores from 65 to either 55 or 60. I could be wrong...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't think they do the non regent diplomas anymore...I remember reading in the NY Times that the Board of Regents basically started dumbing down the Regents exams so all students have a better chance of passing them. They also lowered the Passing scores from 65 to either 55 or 60. I could be wrong...

In the past, a Local Diploma was offered by New York State school districts for students who did not pass the Regents Diploma requirements. For students entering 9th grade in September 2008 and thereafter, the Local Diploma is no longer offered, and all students must attain at least a Regents Diploma. Advanced and Honors designations are available for exemplary students. In addition to the Regents exam requirements, there are additional requirements for attaining a Regents or Regents with Advanced Designation Diploma, which are described in a NYSED handout titled "General Education & Diploma Requirements",[6] and are codified in Section 100.5 of the Part 100 Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.[11]

Section 4:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

find_x-1.jpg