Meaningless Fluff

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you want sticker shock, Dave, my 2011 4-cyl 4wd Tacoma uses six quarts of synthetic.

Good thing I get coupons from the dealer!

Returntosender

1606962_581387315272753_632154137_n_zps1334e31a.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I live in a condo complex which does not allow us to work on our cars on property.
I can't change my oil for less than the oil change places. 5 quarts plus a filter costs about a dollar more retail than the oil change place around the corner.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

Indecisi0n

I can't change my oil for less than the oil change places. 5 quarts plus a filter costs about a dollar more retail than the oil change place around the corner.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

It normally cost about 30 bucks on average (with filter) for a place to do the change but keep in mind they are user the cheapest products. I can do my own change using synthetic and a OEM filter for the same price. Takes me less than 10 mins.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you switch to Mobil 1 extended performance synthetic oils and filter you can stretch that to 15k miles per change.
I wouldn't recommend that until it is out of the warrantee period.
Not changing the oil at the scheduled intervals could void the manufactures warrantee.

Only 6k on a car he plans to swap in 2 years, not worth it.
Valid point. Taking that into account I'd basic oil change that car till I traded it in.

If you want sticker shock, Dave, my 2011 4-cyl 4wd Tacoma uses six quarts of synthetic.

Good thing I get coupons from the dealer!

Right there with you. My GT takes 6 qt. using Mobil 1 oil and filter that's $75 bucks if I didn't watch for sales. Managed to catch the last one at autozone for $46 by the time I was done.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I use Amsoil brand motor oil and filter that is rated for 25,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.
Expensive, but the best synthetic oil on the market.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like it that my dealership said...."see you at 10,000 miles". That took me almost 8 years to get to 10,000 miles.
We did Jiffy Lube a couple of times in that 10 years.

I wouldn't recommend that until it is out of the warrantee period.
Not changing the oil at the scheduled intervals could void the manufactures warrantee.

I have to disagree. When I know I'm keeping a car long term I'll always put the best I can in it. As long as what's used meets or exceeds the manufacturer guidelines it against the Magnuson act to deny warranty. Always save your receipts of course.