Mike R removed from UPS Negotiating Team

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Was this the Facebook post that precipitated Mike's removal from the National Negotiating Committees???

rankin-image.jpg

How dastardly....???

I certainly don't advocate "negotiating on the docks", but I hardly see this as that???

~Bbbl~™

Why ask me ?

Go to the source.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is obviously inexperienced and listening to the goofball FZ. (and TDU)

He stepped on Mr. Johnson.... and there is no going back.

-Bug-
What changed since this afternoon???

Can someone post what he actually said to get kicked off?
This is what @BigUnionGuy posted earlier:
rankin-image.jpg

Fred isn't the chair of the Central Region Supplement. Now he might be for his Rider, that I don't know. Mike was picked to be on the committee and he kind of lost that privlage by negotiating or grandstanding while on Facebook. Nice try.
How do you read that from the above post, or was there more, because I just don't see it???[/quote]

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lot's of people pretending to have the answers, some only when it's convenient and the smell of blood is in the water, but I can't seem to connect all of the dots yet....

....is it just me???

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The guy who this thread is about. You can play coy, and it is funny but they obviously changed the threads original content. Maybe he doesn't want his name posted here so I'll respect whoever or what ever the reason.

One of the mods, just edited the title to remove his last name.

When I said;

Mike R.... Who ??

It was an undeserved, disrespectful slam.

I don't know the guy.

But....

How does a former marine (FZ's words) not comply with a lawful order ?

From a superior ? Isn't it described within their MOS ?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
One of the mods, just edited the title to remove his last name.

When I said;

It was an undeserved, disrespectful slam.

I don't know the guy.

But....

How does a former marine (FZ's words) not comply with a lawful order ?

From a superior ? Isn't it described within their MOS ?
Did we ever get an explanation from Hoffa as to why Sean O was removed as Small Package Director???

What a mess.

F

Frankie's Friend

Then where is the rebuttal from hof on SOB and Rankin's dissention? You remember what Sean wrote after he got the axe? Dude, not everyone falls on their sword for this GP or ST and even less upsers.

That must make him TDU, right @BigUnionGuy???

He put out information that he was not supposed to, on facebook. Now he can no longer be a voice for his members.
You said thst you didnt know below. Do you want to edit this post or the last one below?

A. I was posting tjat earlier to respond to 542 not necessarily you. You just decided to wade into it
B. We will never know what Sean couldve done now will we?
This should answer at least what i wss saying overall. Sprinkle a bit of salt on tje last cba lemonade and itll mask the left over sour taste for some

Are you talking about sean or mike?

I mentioned the thread topic's subject, and paralleled the other seemingly unfounded and unexplained situation in the same question. Thats a situation that gives credibility to the current administration and then some of us blame political motives? Ok

Not sure, what you are saying.

I believe if you scroll up this thread you'll see it, but he was also leaking information, or it was speculated he was anyway in other areas.

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong .[/QUOTE]:Tony Q
You post like you have all the answers dude. Now what?
Did we ever get an explanation from Hoffa as to why Sean O was removed as Small Package Director???

What a mess.
That question/issue i posted and got ignored as well. Youve gotta select your posts wisely, they may be "loaded" as Tony Q warns. Wheres 542 with all his/her wisdom? They lit the fuse with seans removal, now theyre squashing naysayers to set the example early. Wheres the faith boys? This cba will be one to watch since ("turn the script page") hof knows ups overwhelmingly voted against him. @BigUnionGuy we know you hate tdu but we really dont care dude. Really dont.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong though.[/QUOTE]Tony Q
Ok
Ok
Ok
I just like reviewing this to mske sure this situation is visible. Lets quit presuming we know it all just cause these folks have a will to support their members vs kissing the ring.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Facebook post from Vote No says the following is from Sean:
YOU CANNOT SILENCE THE RANKIN FILE
UPS negotiations resume tomorrow and an important member of the team will be noticeably absent. ...

Last Friday, Hoffa expelled Local 89 Business Agent Mike R from the negotiating committee. Mike’s crime? He was communicating with the members about what was going on in negotiations. I’ve known Mike for many years. I nominated him for the negotiating committee. He’s a good man and a good Teamster, but that doesn’t matter to Hoffa.

Sadly, Mike isn’t the first example of Hoffa playing games with the UPS contract. Another person who’s been missing from negotiations is Fred Z.

Before I took the job as UPS Director. I made it clear to Hoffa that we needed to have ALL hands on deck to win the best possible contract. That meant reaching out to locals who didn’t vote for Hoffa. That meant reaching out to Fred. After our first meeting it became clear that we had the same goal of building a strong Teamsters union and winning a strong contract for our hard working members at UPS.

As we all know, Hoffa is a man of words, not actions. So when he saw I was actually doing what I said and that I wouldn’t back down. He fired me. On Friday, Brother Rankin met the same fate.

Hoffa doesn’t have the skill or the will to fight for a good contract. Why? Because Hoffa’s scared of the membership. It’s something he has in common with UPS.

UPS knows that if our union mobilizes the power of 1 million Teamsters, there is nothing we can’t accomplish. But instead Hoffa wants our members to be in the dark and sit on the sidelines while he decides their future. It’s unacceptable.

There is still time for Hoffa to right this ship. If Hoffa stops playing petty games and takes real action to involve Teamster members, then we can fight for a good contract. But in the meantime, we can’t depend on him. We have to organize and take this fight to UPS ourselves.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Facebook post from Vote No says the following is from Sean:
YOU CANNOT SILENCE THE RANKIN FILE
UPS negotiations resume tomorrow and an important member of the team will be noticeably absent. ...

Last Friday, Hoffa expelled Local 89 Business Agent Mike R from the negotiating committee. Mike’s crime? He was communicating with the members about what was going on in negotiations. I’ve known Mike for many years. I nominated him for the negotiating committee. He’s a good man and a good Teamster, but that doesn’t matter to Hoffa.

Sadly, Mike isn’t the first example of Hoffa playing games with the UPS contract. Another person who’s been missing from negotiations is Fred Z.

Before I took the job as UPS Director. I made it clear to Hoffa that we needed to have ALL hands on deck to win the best possible contract. That meant reaching out to locals who didn’t vote for Hoffa. That meant reaching out to Fred. After our first meeting it became clear that we had the same goal of building a strong Teamsters union and winning a strong contract for our hard working members at UPS.

As we all know, Hoffa is a man of words, not actions. So when he saw I was actually doing what I said and that I wouldn’t back down. He fired me. On Friday, Brother Rankin met the same fate.

Hoffa doesn’t have the skill or the will to fight for a good contract. Why? Because Hoffa’s scared of the membership. It’s something he has in common with UPS.

UPS knows that if our union mobilizes the power of 1 million Teamsters, there is nothing we can’t accomplish. But instead Hoffa wants our members to be in the dark and sit on the sidelines while he decides their future. It’s unacceptable.

There is still time for Hoffa to right this ship. If Hoffa stops playing petty games and takes real action to involve Teamster members, then we can fight for a good contract. But in the meantime, we can’t depend on him. We have to organize and take this fight to UPS ourselves.

That's kind of a 180.... from this.

27972153_10155388806461270_8287595025308263974_n.jpg

Just say'n....

Inthegame

So, your indictments in this thread are based on "what you believe", rather than what you know???

....OK???
As are "indictments" in most threads from most posters. If only facts were posted, BC would be dead long ago. This forum exists for speculation and is nourished by conjecture and rumor. Carry on...

542thruNthru

You said thst you didnt know below. Do you want to edit this post or the last one below?

I believe there to be more to the story. Maybe I'm wrong .
:Tony Q
You post like you have all the answers dude. Now what?

That question/issue i posted and got ignored as well. Youve gotta select your posts wisely, they may be "loaded" as Tony Q warns. Wheres 542 with all his/her wisdom? They lit the fuse with seans removal, now theyre squashing naysayers to set the example early. Wheres the faith boys? This cba will be one to watch since ("turn the script page") hof knows ups overwhelmingly voted against him. @BigUnionGuy we know you hate tdu but we really dont care dude. Really dont.[/QUOTE]

542 (him) already mentioned I'm not going to get into a political argument. I simply gave my opinion on this being a political move. If you don't believe it is that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

I'm in wait and see mode. I'll have my chance as everyone else will to review the contract proposal and vote on it how I see fit.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let the professionals go to work.

Are member's.... going to "jump the shark" with petty concerns ?

We are early in the game.

Relax.

-Bug-
Looks like good weather for "negotiating" this week in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, in economically friendly Southern Florida in February.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "common ground" found this week, between the Company and the Union, in this centrally located venue, that historically lends itself to a business friendly atmosphere.

Reminds me of a story from several years ago?

Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money - CNN.com

~Bbbl~™

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Looks like good weather for "negotiating" this week in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, in economically friendly Southern Florida in February.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "common ground" found this week, between the Company and the Union, in this centrally located venue, that historically lends itself to a business friendly atmosphere.

Reminds me of a story from several years ago?

Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money - CNN.com

Hopefully they packed their golf clubs.LOL