movie review

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Legal Path Cleared For Hobbit Movie

Really liked "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. Looking forward to "The Hobbit".
+1
I'm also really curious to see how Guillermo del Toro handles the direction. I thought he did a fantastic job with both Pan's Labyrinth and The Orphanage, but the Hellboy movies were kinda "eh".
Just to get ya fired up:

[video=youtube;ktD2D8-TqqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktD2D8-TqqU[/video]

jennie

I know miss being on line actually, its relaxing. Kids back in school and it gets hard to get on here at different times. Then when I WANT too, I am sleepy. HERE now though:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We just watched The Informers.....awful, awful, don't waste your $$$ renting it !!!

Saw Push the other night.

It's....alright.... if someone lends it to you..... but if you're at the store, find something better.

Do you both still go to the video store? You should try Netflix or any of the other online rental stores. It is so easy and all you have to do is walk out to your mailbox and plans are under $10/month. I think Netflix offers a 2 week free trial.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Upstate....that would cut out a third of my social life and put me closer to being a 'shut-in'.

I also go to the real bank building, where I know everybody's name and don't do online banking. :happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate....that would cut out a third of my social life and put me closer to being a 'shut-in'.

I also go to the real bank building, where I know everybody's name and don't do online banking. :happy2:

Good point--I forgot that you were retired.

I guess I do enough running around during the week because I enjoy being a shut in on the weekend. If my area offered grocery delivery I would probably sign up for that.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do you both still go to the video store? You should try Netflix or any of the other online rental stores. It is so easy and all you have to do is walk out to your mailbox and plans are under $10/month. I think Netflix offers a 2 week free trial.
+1, Netflix is awsome. Also if you're a geek like me and have your computer hooked up to your bigscreen tv, you can just stream the movies and cut the post office completely out of the deal.
Last night we watched The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, a documentary about diehard DonkeyKong players who never grew up. Very entertaining! Even though I never got into DonkeyKong (Defender, baby!), by the end I was rooting for the underdog to win it all.

I know folks who do that but I happen to like the girls down at the video store who know me by name and would hate to see them out of a job. Much like I appreciate they use UPS to ship their movies around because they know I work for UPS.

Also Netflix has been called out for holding back on the most wanted movies from those who rent more frequently.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/consumer&id=3945996

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I know folks who do that but I happen to like the girls down at the video store who know me by name and would hate to see them out of a job. Much like I appreciate they use UPS to ship their movies around because they know I work for UPS.
This doesn't sound like the "whole" story, but I won't try to drag it out of you.:wink2:

This doesn't sound like the "whole" story, but I won't try to drag it out of you.:wink2:

Nothing to drag out. I`m a good customer,every Friday,and they know who I am and where I work as I am frequently in browns as I stop on my way home. They told me once about having problems shipping stuff so I helped them out and now everything goes by us.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Watched 'State of Play' last night. The more I watch Russell Crowe the more I like him. A good suspense movie. I really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to watching 'Max Payne' but that may not happen today. Football is on.