movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saw "Couples Retreat" today. I am not a huge Vince Vaughn fan but had heard good things about this movie and was not disappointed. This is a "wait for the DVD" movie.

I was really hoping to see "Amelia" but it is not playing locally.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched wrong Turn and Wrong Turn II. After all that blood and cannibalism, I am ready to rent Wrong Turn III. Wrong Turn III was so good that it never went to the theaters, but went directly to the DVD. WooHoo !!:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Saw "Couples Retreat" today. I am not a huge Vince Vaughn fan but had heard good things about this movie and was not disappointed. This is a "wait for the DVD" movie.

I was really hoping to see "Amelia" but it is not playing locally.
I'm confused. You liked it but we should wait for it, or Vince Vaughn didn't fail to disappoint you?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I thought Vince Vaughn was great in Wedding Crashers but so far I have not liked anything he has been in afterwards. Based on that, his name is not enough to sell me on a movie he is in. I was going to wait for Couples Retreat to come to DVD, if I was going to watch it at all. Probably I will simply wait for it to come to one of the premium cable channels.

As for some of his older movies, count me in with those who think Swingers was ok, but definitely not worthy of the cult like status it has attained.

Old School on the other hand was pretty funny :happy2:.

I thought "DodgeBall" was funny also. Check him out in the remake of Psycho.

The big thing about movies is to remember what they are trying to be. Not every movie can be Citizen Kane

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Forgot about Dodgeball! My son and I got a lot of good laughs, and quotes, out of that movie.

And Cach, I am sorry but I demand that every movie be as good as Citizen Kane. What is it to you if I set myself up for disappointment on a continual basis? :wink2:

Rosebud :censored2:!

I`m sorry. I should have said Citizen Kane or Revenge of the Nerds II.

Rent "Blood,the last vampire" last night. Fun combo of vampire hunters and samurai.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
He is just lucky that the week he decided to call out was the week I was on vacation!

Actually, I have not seen that movie since it came out and don't remember Artie's role in it.

rod

Retired 23 years
Artie Lange

He was good on the Howard Stern show. I miss Howard on tv. It was a very educational show. Without Howard Stern I would have never known how many pieces of balony dipped in mayo you could get to stick to a good looking gals bare butt from 20 feet away.:wink2:

I have to admit I have been disappointed in Howard's show lately. Maybe it`s because I have so much time to listen to every show that I see the pattern of it coming back around 360 with the same guests and subject material. I have to say I have found Bubba the Love Sponge to be a better show lately.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Maybe it`s because I have so much time to listen to every show that I see the pattern of it coming back around 360 with the same guests and subject material. I have to say I have found Bubba the Love Sponge to be a better show lately.

I also can listen to an entire show. I agree, it is repeating itself to a degree. I have the best of XM so I switch off to Opie and Anthony or Ron and Fez when I am done with Howard.

I tried listening to Bubba but could not get into the show.

P

pickup

He is just lucky that the week he decided to call out was the week I was on vacation!

Actually, I have not seen that movie since it came out and don't remember Artie's role in it.

I didn't see old school but I looked it up and supposedly he played the role of "Booker" in it.

I thought maybe I was confusing "Beer League" with this movie

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yesterday (Sunday) the entire series of "V" from the 80's was re-run. I think it ran from 12:30 PM 'til 11PM. We watched most of it and I still like it.......even though we've had big advances in technology since 1983, we have not had the same growth in writing.......so, this remains a good story.