movie review

over9five

Staff member
I saw the 3rd part. (Now anyone in the chat last night knows what I meant when I kept referring to Elizabeth the half lizard!)

ol'browneye

We just signed up for Netflix and one of my wife's first choices was "John Adams" the HBO mini-series. It was 3 dvds and 7 parts. It was surprisingly excellent! I got a little history lesson and Paul Giamatti was outstanding as John Adams, the second president of the U.S. and the most outspoken member of the revolution. What an amazing actor. I've always liked his roles but I have a new found respect for his abilities now. Also found out he is the son of the late baseball commissioner, A. Bartlett Giamatti!

P

pickup

We just signed up for Netflix and one of my wife's first choices was "John Adams" the HBO mini-series. It was 3 dvds and 7 parts. It was surprisingly excellent! I got a little history lesson and Paul Giamatti was outstanding as John Adams, the second president of the U.S. and the most outspoken member of the revolution. What an amazing actor. I've always liked his roles but I have a new found respect for his abilities now. Also found out he is the son of the late baseball commissioner, A. Bartlett Giamatti!

Paul should star in the Pete Rose Story, that would be cool

D

Dis-organized Labor

Just came back from "Hangover".
I was told: "This will be the funniest movie that you've ever seen"

It was funny, but not #1.
The last scene with Al's BJ was really low class.

I say that because there were young (13+) kids in the Theatre. (Rated R, but they were there)

ol'browneye

Has anyone seen "I Love You Man"?

Let's just say "blowie" is the new term around our house. My wife wishes she never would have made me watch it with her!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Me, my Wife and my Daughter saw "The Hangover" last night.
I was told it would be the funniest movie I've ever seen.............NOT~!

It was funny, but I think on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 3.

Good thing it was cheap

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It was foreign film night at the Jone's residence on Saturday: click
Actually very good if you want a break from action films and comedies. The french pretty much wrote the book on character driven film making.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just saw 2012. This is the movie that depicts the end of the world as based on the Mayan calendar (12/21/12). This is definitely a movie that you want to see in a theater as the special effects and surround sound are amazing.

More, I'm sorry, but California does not survive.:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
Just saw 2012. This is the movie that depicts the end of the world as based on the Mayan calendar (12/21/12). This is definitely a movie that you want to see in a theater as the special effects and surround sound are amazing.

More, I'm sorry, but California does not survive.:happy2:

My son just left to go see that. You like the FX and sound, but was the movie any good?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I think Kathrine Heigl is hot but I do not like anything she stars in. I think I made it through about 20 minutes of 27 Dresses before I clicked that off.

And I didn't like Knocked Up either. I think I may be alone but I just don't find Seth Rogen's movies funny.

So while I love to look at her, I am not going to torture myself to do it.