movie review

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I don't know, its silly, but I have all that time invested in these characters and now all that history is gone. That bothers me.

I wasn't asking for 10 but I don't know why they couldn't have just told the story of their youth without destroying everything that came after it.

Then again, I can just think of this as another reality in the multiverse and be happy with that.

Mirror, Mirror anyone :wink2:?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
*Spoiler Alert*

Star Trek is a good movie, we saw it when it was in the theaters.

One caveat: though I will get over it, I am not happy that they have, in essence, restarted the Trek universe.
Here's the "Trek" I wanna hear about.:happy2:

1195115515_60cb9d3cea.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just saw "The Blind Side". Excellent movie, well cast, well written. Easily one of the best Sandra Bullock movies in a long time. Based on a true story, it blends drama and comedy in to a feel good movie. This one will not lose any of its effect if you wait for the DVD as there are no special effects and surround sound is not needed.

ol'browneye

I just watched "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. It's a little bit older movie but I am catching up on movies now that we subscribe to Netflix. Great mountain scenery. I also watched "Into the Wild". It's a true story of a rich kid who sold everything and hitch hiked to Alaska. A little slow, but having read the book kept me interested. Great scenery there too.

I found an interesting coincidence between these two movies. In "The Edge", a man-eating bear is after the characters in the mountains. Very ferocious and mean looking in this movie. In the movie "Into the Wild" there is a scene where a bear smells the boy, and decides he is too sick to eat and walks away. Ends up both parts are played by "Bart the Bear!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember The Edge....liked it.
Old Bart was really ferocious looking in that one.

Bart the Bear died peacefully surrounded by his family and friends at his home in Utah on May 10, 2000. Bart was born in a U.S. zoo on January 19, 1977. His destiny was not to live out his 23-1/2 years in the unchanging confinement of a zoo, but to see the world and become a beloved member of a human family. He came to Doug and Lynne Seus as a five-pound bundle and grew to 1,500 pounds, standing 9-1/2 feet tall. His long film career took him and his family from the Austrian/Italian Alps to the wilderness of Alaska, all over the U.S. and Canada, and finally to the stage of the 1998 Academy Awards. He loved to be in the spotlight and relished the applause and cheers of the film crew much more than he did his salmon and blueberries.
Bart the Bear's legacy went far beyond his film career. He is the "spokesbear" for the Animal Cancer Center at Colorado State University, but his greatest role was as Ambassador of Vital Ground. Vital Ground has procured threatened wildlife habitat in Idaho, Montana and Alaska. Because of Bart's life in captivity, many of his wild brothers and sisters are able to roam free.

Bart is survived by his human family: Doug, Lynne, Clint, Jed and Sausha, and his bear brother "Tank." His old swimming hole was filled with love and joy when the circle of life brought the Seuses two orphaned grizzly cubs. The cub's mother was shot 200 miles north of Anchorage. These babies miraculously survived alone for over two days when the Alaska Fish and Game rescued them. The little boy cub carries on Bart's legacy and is his namesake. The girl cub is called Honey-Bump Bear. These cubs will follow in Bart's giant footsteps to bring the wondrous spirit of the bear into many lives and hearts.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver

Bart the Bear died peacefully surrounded by his family and friends at his home in Utah on May 10, 2000. Bart was born in a U.S. zoo on January 19, 1977. His destiny was not to live out his 23-1/2 years in the unchanging confinement of a zoo, but to see the world and become a beloved member of a human family. He came to Doug and Lynne Seus as a five-pound bundle and grew to 1,500 pounds, standing 9-1/2 feet tall. His long film career took him and his family from the Austrian/Italian Alps to the wilderness of Alaska, all over the U.S. and Canada, and finally to the stage of the 1998 Academy Awards. He loved to be in the spotlight and relished the applause and cheers of the film crew much more than he did his salmon and blueberries.
Bart the Bear's legacy went far beyond his film career. He is the "spokesbear" for the Animal Cancer Center at Colorado State University, but his greatest role was as Ambassador of Vital Ground. Vital Ground has procured threatened wildlife habitat in Idaho, Montana and Alaska. Because of Bart's life in captivity, many of his wild brothers and sisters are able to roam free.

Bart is survived by his human family: Doug, Lynne, Clint, Jed and Sausha, and his bear brother "Tank." His old swimming hole was filled with love and joy when the circle of life brought the Seuses two orphaned grizzly cubs. The cub's mother was shot 200 miles north of Anchorage. These babies miraculously survived alone for over two days when the Alaska Fish and Game rescued them. The little boy cub carries on Bart's legacy and is his namesake. The girl cub is called Honey-Bump Bear. These cubs will follow in Bart's giant footsteps to bring the wondrous spirit of the bear into many lives and hearts.

Boy, when you read about chimps eating people's faces off and all the other undomesticated animals hurting people, it is a wonder to read about such people as you have described.

I myself would never go near an undomesticated animal that was not behind a cage wall.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

If Bart the bear died in 2000, it must have been a different bear in "Into the Wild", which was released in 2007.

Boy, when you read about chimps eating people's faces off and all the other undomesticated animals hurting people, it is a wonder to read about such people as you have described.

I myself would never go near an undomesticated animal that was not behind a cage wall.
I agree. Someone is going to end up like the Grizzly Man.
We watched In the Electric Mist last night. I totally missed it when it was in the theater but it was pretty good.

ol'browneye

I take it that this means "Bart the Bear" in "Into the Wild" was the new "Bart the Bear".

jennie

I saw New Moon, as I read two books so far, movie was SO GOOD. I have all boys and they think its so stupid, lol. Went with girlfriend and saw that women my age read the books too:happy-very: Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to follow YAY

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are some good movies coming out just in time for Christmas. "Brothers" and "Invictus" look to be the best IMO. "Brothers" is about a soldier who is presumed to be dead and the family he left behind trying to get on with their lives with the help of his brother. "Invictus" is about the South African rugby team and Nelson Mandela's efforts to unite his country by rallying behind the team.