movie review

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
149397287_bf58a4822b.jpg
Oh lord, we are coming back to blue footed boobies. The last time they were brought up the thread went awry...................:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We just got back from seeing Avatar. I liked it alot. I'm a sucker for a good love story. Great special effects. Very glad I went to the theatre to see it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We just got back from seeing Aviatar. I liked it alot. I'm a sucker for a good love story. Great special effects. Very glad I went to the theatre to see it.

Always like Howard Hughes stories and especially with Martin Scorsese directing and my wife likes Leonardo DiCaprio.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Avatar lived up to the hype and then some. The only problem we had it is we got to the theater only 10 minutes before the movie started. We already had our tickets as I had purchased them when my son and I went to see Sherlock Holmes so we went straight to the theater but the show was sold out and the only four seats we could find together were in the very first row down by the screen. Watching a 3D movie that close to the screen that soon after having lunch made our stomachs queasy.

The movie is awesome and the twist at the end ties it all together. This is definitely one that you want to see at the theater (just make sure you get there early.:wink2:)

over9five

Staff member
Seems to me I read an article that said the 3D effects in Avatar were making a lot of people queasy.

I noticed at the theatre last night that they also show it in 2D.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Seems to me I read an article that said the 3D effects in Avatar were making a lot of people queasy.

I noticed at the theatre last night that they also show it in 2D.
We saw the 2-D version. I am glad we did. I get 'car-sick' and I suspect that I would have had a really hard time with 3-D. I would go again to see this movie.